THIRTY-FOUR

As Milica received urgent messages from Trent and her brother, confusion etched across her face. She responded to them with a quick "What do you mean?" before turning her attention back to Dominik, who had an expression of anger and betrayal.

"What's going on?" Milica asked, her voice trembling as she looked at Dominik, who held up his phone, displaying a compromising photo of her kissing another man. The image, shared on social media, set off a chain reaction of chaos around them, attracting the attention of fans and paparazzi alike.

Milica's eyes widened as she struggled to process the shocking revelation. "I don't remember that photo. I don't remember kissing anyone," she protested, her mind racing to make sense of the apparent betrayal.

Dominik's anger flared, his eyes piercing into hers. "Don't lie to me, Milica. What is this?"

Panicked, Milica insisted, "I swear, I don't know where that photo came from. That's not me, or if it is, it's an old picture. My hair is different now, shorter and lighter."

Dominik, however, wasn't convinced. The accusations echoed in the air, mingling with the fervor of the surrounding onlookers. The storm of betrayal, fueled by the photo and the shadow of Talia's threats, unleashed its fury upon their fragile relationship.

A bitter laugh escaped Dominik's lips. "First, you don't remember, and now it's not you? Maybe this wasn't Talia texting you. Maybe you knew this picture would get out, and you needed an excuse."

The accusation hung in the air, a sharp and cutting declaration that sliced through Milica's heart. She pleaded with him, tears streaming down her face, "Dom, please, I'm not lying. I love you. I would never do something like that to hurt you."

Dominik, his anger seemingly insurmountable, shook his head in disbelief. Without uttering a word, he stormed out of the cafe, leaving Milica in a whirlwind of confusion, frustration, and heartbreak.

As the paparazzi's flashes continued to illuminate the chaos around her, Milica, alone and vulnerable, sank into a chair, grappling with the weight of the accusations and the wreckage of a love that seemed to be slipping through her fingers. The storm, once confined to the shadows, had erupted into the open, leaving behind a shattered reality and a heartbroken woman yearning to make sense of the tempest that had engulfed her world.