TWENTY-ONE.

The invitation from Talia took Dominik by surprise. He agreed to meet up, expecting a casual coffee shop encounter. However, as he arrived at the designated location, he found himself stepping into a lively party rather than a quiet cafe. The atmosphere pulsed with music, laughter, and clinking glasses.

Talia, already a few shots in, spotted Dominik entering the room. With an eager smile, she rushed over to him, the alcohol on her breath perceptible even from a distance.

"Dom, you made it!" she exclaimed, trying to link her arm through his.

Dominik, uncomfortable with the familiar nickname, gently detached himself. "It's Dominik," he corrected, his tone firm.

Undeterred, Talia slurred her words, "Come on, Dom, loosen up. We used to have fun, remember?"

Dominik sighed, glancing around the room, realizing this was not the low-key meeting he had expected. "Talia, I thought we were just catching up. This is not what I had in mind."

She shrugged, her words losing coherence with each passing shot. "It's a party, Dom! Relax a little."

As the night progressed, Talia's attempts at flirtation became more pronounced. She leaned in too close, her touch too lingering. Dominik, growing increasingly uncomfortable, kept creating physical distance.

"Talia, please," Dominik insisted, his patience wearing thin. "I'm not here for this. I already told you, I found someone special."

Talia, ignoring his words, downed another shot and made another attempt to be physically close. Her actions became bolder, and in a moment of drunken impulsiveness, she stumbled and fell onto Dominik, capturing his lips in an unexpected kiss.

Dominik, taken aback and realizing the gravity of the situation, gently pushed her away. "Talia, this is not right. I can't be a part of this."

Talia, seemingly unfazed by the rejection, continued to flirt and make advances. It became apparent that her intentions were far from casual catch-up, and Dominik felt trapped in an unwanted situation.

As the night wore on, Dominik observed Talia becoming more intoxicated. Concerned for her well-being, he approached a friend of hers who had accompanied her to the party. After getting Talia's address, Dominik made the responsible choice of ensuring she got home safely.

The encounter with Talia left Dominik unsettled, a cloud of discomfort hanging over him. He couldn't shake the feeling of being dragged back into a past he had moved on from. The echoes of Talia's unwanted advances lingered, casting a shadow over the night that was meant for reconnecting.

Little did Dominik know that the encounter with Talia, with its uncomfortable twists and unmet expectations, would become a reminder of the complexities that sometimes accompany the journey of moving forward. As he navigated the aftermath of the unexpected party, Dominik found himself grappling with the unwanted shadows of the past, eager to focus on the brighter chapters that lay ahead.