EIGHT.

The final whistle blew, signaling the end of the exhilarating game at Anfield. Milica rushed down the stands, her heart pounding with a mix of pride for her brother's performance and a lingering sense of nostalgia for the shared moments they used to enjoy as a family.

As Nikola emerged from the tunnel, sweat glistening on his forehead, Milica enveloped him in a tight hug. "You played amazing, Niko! I'm so proud of you."

Nikola grinned, sharing a moment of sibling camaraderie. "Thanks, Milica. It means a lot to have you here."

The crowd slowly dispersed, and as Nikola engaged in post-match rituals with his teammates, Milica's attention was drawn to a figure standing not far away. Dominik Szoboszlai, his eyes locked onto hers, approached with a mix of concern and curiosity.

After Nikola and Milica shared a brief conversation, Dominik stepped forward. "Hey, Milica. Long time no talk."

Milica met his gaze, a mixture of emotions flickering in her eyes. "Yeah, sorry about that. I've just had a lot on my mind lately."

Dominik furrowed his brow, his worry evident. "You could've talked to me, you know? I've been worried sick."

Milica sighed, "I know, Dominik. I should've. It's just been a lot, especially with Jago and everything."

He nodded, understanding the weight of unspoken struggles. "I get it, Milica. But shutting me out isn't the solution. We're friends, and friends talk."

As they stood on the outskirts of the pitch, the unspoken tensions hung in the air. Milica knew she had distanced herself from Dominik, unintentionally creating a barrier between them. She hesitated before finally opening up, "I guess I didn't want to burden you with my problems. And with everything that happened with Jago, I just needed some space."

Dominik, his expression softening, placed a hand on her shoulder. "Milica, you're never a burden. We're in this together, remember?"

Milica offered a grateful smile, realizing the truth in his words. "You're right, Dominik. I should've talked to you. I appreciate your concern."

His gaze held a hint of mischief as he suggested, "How about we leave all the heavy stuff behind for tonight? Let's go to a club, have some fun, and just enjoy the moment. What do you say?"

Milica chuckled, the weight on her shoulders lifting at the prospect of a carefree night. "That sounds like a plan, Dominik. Lead the way."

As they exited the stadium, the echoes of the crowd still reverberating in the air, Dominik and Milica walked side by side. The game of hearts had taken unexpected turns, but in that moment, the promise of a night filled with laughter, music, and shared camaraderie seemed to offer a much-needed reprieve. Little did they know that the threads of their connection, though tested, remained resilient, ready to weave new chapters in the intricate tapestry of their intertwined lives.

A/n: HIIII Guys, don't be surprised if I upload a lot for this story. I have no other stories in stored besides this one. SO, yea be expecting a lot of updates!!! Hope you all enjoy!