TWENTY-FOUR

The final whistle echoed through the stadium, signaling the end of the intense match against Brentford. Milica, still clad in Dominik's jersey, navigated through the crowd as fans dispersed. A random girl approached her, a stranger with a cryptic message.

"You can't trust your footballers no more, huh?" the girl remarked, her tone laced with a strange mixture of sympathy and amusement.

Confused, Milica furrowed her brow. "What do you mean?"

The random girl, perhaps sensing a storm about to unfold, urged Milica to check Twitter before hastily disappearing, as if someone were in pursuit. Intrigued and uneasy, Milica took out her phone and opened the social media app.

Her heart sank as she scrolled through a post that would shatter the illusions of trust and commitment she had built with Dominik. The image was stark—Dominik in an intimate moment with another woman, the same clothes he wore on the night she detected a strange scent on him. The caption beneath the photo hinted at a lie, a deception that Milica had unknowingly accepted.

Dominik approached, attempting to speak, but Milica's eyes remained fixed on the damning evidence on her phone. The weight of betrayal sank in, and the pieces of the puzzle fell into place, revealing the shadows that had been concealed.

Without uttering a word, Milica, fueled by a mixture of disbelief and hurt, slapped Dominik across the face. The sound echoed through the quieting stadium, drawing the attention of those nearby.

Dominik, stung by the unexpected slap, felt a surge of frustration. "Milica, let me explain—"

But Milica, her emotions too raw to engage in conversation, walked away without a second glance. The unraveling of trust, the sting of betrayal, and the pain of a broken heart followed her like unwelcome shadows.

As Dominik watched Milica retreat, a mix of regret and frustration colored his expression. The unraveling of the truth had been swift and unforgiving, leaving a trail of hurt and unanswered questions in its wake.

Little did Milica and Dominik know that the shadows cast by the revelation on social media would set the stage for a confrontation that would either mend the fractured threads of their connection or lead to the irrevocable dissolution of the bond they once held dear. The aftermath of the social media storm left them standing at the precipice of a new chapter, the path forward uncertain and fraught with the echoes of unspoken truths.