TWENTY-SIX.

Days after the storm of emotions had swept through their lives, Dominik mustered the courage to visit Milica's house. The air between them hung heavy with unspoken words, and Dominik felt a gnawing ache in his chest—a potent mix of regret, jealousy, and the desperate need to mend what had been broken.

As he approached Milica's door, he noticed a guy leaving her house. The sight ignited a flicker of jealousy within Dominik, a gut reaction fueled by the wounds of recent events. His steps quickened, driven by an impulse to confront Milica about the mysterious visitor.

Milica, opening the door just as Dominik arrived, saw the turmoil in his eyes. Before she could say anything, Dominik, unable to contain his jealousy, blurted out, "Who was that guy?"

Milica, taken aback by his accusatory tone, sighed. "That was my therapist, Dom. I've been seeing him for a while now."

Dominik, skepticism written on his face, muttered, "Therapist, huh? Probably one you sleep with."

Milica couldn't help but sarcastically laugh at the absurdity of Dominik's jealousy. She ushered him inside, mindful of nosy neighbors peeking through curtains. "Dom, you're so jealous. If you paid attention, you'd know he's my therapist, and I've had him for a while."

Dominik, unwilling to back down, insisted, "I have every right to be jealous. You're probably already moving on, cheating on me."

Milica, frustration evident in her expression, snapped back, "Dominik, you cheated on me! You have no right to be jealous. Besides, if you bothered to listen, you'd know who that guy was."

Dominik, defensive and growing annoyed, denied, "I didn't cheat on you."

Milica, getting in his face, asserted, "Yes, you did! Don't lie to my face, Dom."

The heated exchange reached a point where words alone couldn't express the tangle of emotions. Dominik, feeling the weight of their tangled history, couldn't bear the shouting match any longer. In a moment of impulse, he leaned in and kissed Milica, a desperate attempt to silence the echoing voices of jealousy and misunderstanding.

As their lips met, the room fell into a hushed stillness. The kiss became a bridge between the tumultuous emotions, a way to communicate what words had failed to convey. The passion of the moment became an unspoken promise—a promise to navigate the shadows of their shared history and rediscover the path forward, whether it led to reconciliation or the acceptance of an irreparable divide.