TWENTY.

The morning breeze carried a crispness in the air as Dominik drove Milica to work. His car moved through the bustling streets, and Milica, despite the words of encouragement Dominik had shared earlier, still felt the lingering traces of stress from the impending workday.

As Dominik pulled up to her workplace, he turned to Milica with a reassuring smile. "You've got this, Milica. Remember, take things one step at a time. If you need anything, just give me a call."

Milica nodded, gratitude shining in her eyes. "Thanks, Dom. I appreciate it."

Dominik leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Go conquer the day," he whispered.

With those parting words, Milica stepped out of the car and into the whirlwind of her professional responsibilities. Dominik watched her go, a mix of pride and concern etched on his face.

Unbeknownst to them, Talia, Dominik's ex, had arrived in Liverpool for reasons unknown to Dominik. As Milica walked into the building, Talia caught sight of Dominik and called out his name. He turned, surprised to see her in a place he hadn't expected.

"Dominik!" Talia exclaimed, striding towards him with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

Dominik, confused but maintaining his politeness, greeted her. "Talia, hey. What are you doing here?"

Talia smirked, a glint of mischief in her eyes. "I could ask you the same thing. What brings you to England?"

Dominik hesitated, not eager to share the details of his personal life with his ex. "I'm playing for Liverpool now. Transferred recently."

Talia's gaze flickered to the building Milica had entered. "And who was the woman you dropped off? She seemed more than just a friend."

Dominik's guard went up. "Just a friend, Talia. Nothing more."

Talia's lips curved into a sly smile. "Well, if you ever want to catch up, grab a drink or something, here's my number."

Dominik, not wanting to engage further, accepted her number with a forced smile. "Thanks, Talia. I'll keep that in mind."

As Talia walked away, Dominik couldn't shake the discomfort that settled within him. He wondered about her sudden appearance and why she was showing interest in his life now. Shrugging off the unease, he made his way back to his car, the encounter with Talia lingering in the back of his mind.

Meanwhile, inside the building, Milica navigated through her workday, unaware of the exchange between Dominik and Talia. The echoes of Dominik's words of affirmation and the gentle kisses lingered in her thoughts, providing a source of comfort as she faced the challenges that awaited her.

Little did Milica and Dominik know that the encounter with Talia, with its unspoken tensions and unanswered questions, would become a subtle undercurrent in the tapestry of their evolving connection. As the day unfolded, the threads of their intertwined lives seemed to weave a story of complexities and uncharted territories, ready to unfold in the chapters yet to come.