EIGHTEEN

The morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle glow across Dominik's bedroom. The aftermath of the passionate night lingered in the air, leaving a sense of warmth and intimacy that wrapped around Milica and Dominik like a comforting cocoon.

As Milica stirred, the soft rustle of sheets punctuated the stillness. She blinked her eyes open, taking in the unfamiliar surroundings. The memories of the rainy night flooded back, and a smile played on her lips as she felt the weight of Dominik's arm draped over her.

Turning to face him, Milica watched as Dominik slept, his features relaxed and peaceful. The lines of worry that often marked his expression were absent, replaced by an expression of contentment that mirrored her own.

After a moment of quiet contemplation, Milica gently traced her fingers along Dominik's jawline, awakening him with a tender touch. His eyes fluttered open, meeting hers with a mixture of affection and awareness.

"Morning," Milica whispered, her voice a soft melody that filled the room.

Dominik, a lazy smile playing on his lips, pulled her closer. "Morning. Did last night really happen, or was it a dream?"

Milica chuckled, the playful sparkle in her eyes reflecting the shared memories of the night before. "It happened, Dom. And I don't want it to be just a one-time thing."

Dominik's expression softened, a warmth spreading in his chest. "Neither do I, Milica."

As they lay in the quiet aftermath of their shared revelations, the conversation flowed effortlessly, the unspoken understanding between them becoming the foundation for the words they chose to share.

"I never realized how much I needed this," Milica admitted, her fingers tracing invisible patterns on Dominik's chest.

Dominik nodded, his gaze fixed on her. "I've wanted this for a long time, Milica. I just never knew if you felt the same way."

Milica sighed, a tender smile on her lips. "I was blind, Dom. Blind to what was right in front of me. But now I see it clearly."

Dominik cupped her face in his hands, his eyes searching hers. "I'm glad you see it, Milica. I've never wanted anything more."

Their conversation unfolded like a delicate dance, the words carrying the weight of shared emotions and unspoken promises. The complexities of their relationship, once concealed beneath the surface of friendship, were now exposed and embraced.

"I want us to explore this, Dom," Milica whispered, her voice tinged with vulnerability. "I want to see where this could lead."

Dominik nodded, a deep understanding in his eyes. "Me too, Milica. I want to explore every facet of this with you."

As they lay intertwined, the morning unfolded with whispered promises and shared dreams. The game of hearts had taken Milica and Dominik on a journey filled with twists and turns, leading them to a moment of shared vulnerability and newfound connection.

Little did they know that the threads of their intertwined lives, woven through the tapestry of friendship and passion, held the promise of a beautiful love story—a story that would continue to unfold with each passing moment, carrying them into uncharted territories where the whispers of their hearts would guide the way.