THIRTY-FIVE

The drive home for Milica felt like an eternity, each passing mile accompanied by the heavy burden of heartbreak and confusion. As she reached for her phone, desperate to bridge the growing gap between her and Dominik, she discovered a harsh reality—she was blocked.

Frustration and desperation welled up within her as she tried to make sense of the whirlwind of accusations and betrayals that had unfolded at the cafe. Without hesitation, she dialed Trent's number, her voice trembling as she pleaded for assistance.

"Trent," Milica's voice cracked, "please, can you ask Dom to unblock me? I need to talk to him. I need to explain."

There was a pause on the other end of the line before Trent finally responded, his tone conveying a sense of disapproval. "Milica, that was a bit grim, what you did. Dom is really hurt right now."

Milica's heart sank at Trent's words. "I didn't do anything, Trent. I swear. That photo isn't me. I don't know how it got out there."

Trent's silence conveyed skepticism, and Milica continued, desperation evident in her voice. "Please, Trent, he won't listen to me. I need to make him understand. I love him, and I would never betray him like that."

After a deep sigh, Trent relented, "I'll talk to him, but I can't promise anything. He's really upset, Milica."

"Thank you, Trent. Please, just make him hear me out," Milica pleaded, her voice cracking with emotion.

As the call ended, Milica was left alone with her thoughts, the road stretching out before her like a lonely path of uncertainty. The echoes of betrayal lingered in the air, and Milica found herself grappling with the harsh reality that the love she held so dearly was slipping away, slipping through the fingers of a reality distorted by lies and shadows.

Little did she know that the road ahead would be fraught with challenges, and the echoes of that fateful day would reverberate through the corridors of her heart, leaving behind scars that would shape the course of her journey with Dominik—a journey now marred by the storm of doubt and the shadows of a love on the brink of collapse.