SIX.

The days following Milica's emotional conversation with her mother were laden with tension. Jago's suspicions and insecurities had reached a breaking point, and the relationship that once held promise now teetered on the precipice of collapse.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, Jago arrived at Milica's doorstep. His expression was cold, distant, and devoid of the warmth that once defined their connection. Milica, sensing the gravity of the moment, opened the door with a mix of anticipation and dread.

"We need to talk," Jago stated tersely, his eyes avoiding hers.

Milica nodded, inviting him inside. The room felt suffocating as they sat on opposite ends of the couch, the emotional distance between them palpable.

Without preamble, Jago declared, "This isn't working, Milica. We're just not meant to be together."

Milica's heart sank, and a lump formed in her throat. The words she had feared were now a painful reality. "Jago, can't we try to work through this? I love you."

He scoffed, a bitter edge to his tone. "Love? Milica, you've been lying to me all this time. I can't be with someone who hides things from me."

Milica, her eyes glistening with unshed tears, protested, "I'm not lying, Jago. I've been honest with you. Dominik is just a friend."

Jago's eyes narrowed, disbelief etched on his face. "A friend who you're always defending, a friend who's always around. I can't take it anymore."

As the argument escalated, Jago's accusations grew more venomous. He seized the opportunity to humiliate Milica, revealing their personal struggles in a public manner that left her exposed and vulnerable.

"You're always with Dominik. Maybe you should just be with him. I'm done with this charade," Jago spat out, his words a final verdict on their relationship.

Milica, devastated and embarrassed, pleaded, "Jago, please don't do this. We can find a way to make it work."

But Jago stood firm, his decision unwavering. "It's over, Milica. I can't be with someone who makes me feel like a second choice."

As he left, Milica crumpled onto the couch, the weight of the shattered relationship settling around her. The room echoed with the remnants of a love that had slipped through her fingers. The game of hearts had taken a toll, leaving Milica in the aftermath of a broken connection.

Days turned into nights as Milica navigated the sea of emotions, grappling with the reality of a relationship lost. The echoes of Jago's words haunted her, but amidst the pain, a newfound clarity emerged. As she faced the wreckage of her heart, the threads of her connection with Dominik seemed to weave a path towards a future that held both uncertainty and promise. The game of hearts continued, its twists and turns shaping the destinies of those entangled in its intricate dance.