FIFTEEN.

Two days later, the sun dipped below the horizon as Dominik and Nikola sat on the grassy field beside the training ground. The rhythmic sound of a football being kicked around echoed in the distance, creating a backdrop for the intimate conversation that was about to unfold.

Nikola, observing Dominik's thoughtful expression, decided to broach a topic that had been on his mind. "So, Dom, about you and Milica..."

Dominik looked at Nikola, his brows slightly furrowed. "What about us?"

Nikola chuckled, "Come on, Dom. I've known you guys for years. There's something more there, isn't there?"

Dominik sighed, running a hand through his hair. "It's complicated, Niko. We've been friends for so long, and things have been changing, but I don't want to jeopardize our friendship."

Nikola leaned back, propping himself up with his hands. "Listen, Dom, Milica cares about you a lot. I've seen it. And I think you care about her just as much."

Dominik glanced away, his gaze lost in the vastness of the sky. "I do care about her, Niko. More than I've ever let myself admit. But what if taking that step ruins everything?"

Nikola placed a reassuring hand on Dominik's shoulder. "Sometimes, you've got to take risks, Dom. Milica is not just anyone. She's been there for you through thick and thin. I think you owe it to yourselves to explore what could be."

Dominik sighed, the weight of unspoken emotions settling in the cool evening air. "I'm just scared of losing what we have, you know? What if it doesn't work out?"

Nikola offered a knowing smile. "Life is full of uncertainties, Dom. But if you never take a chance, you'll never know what could be. Milica is worth it."

Dominik nodded, the gears of contemplation turning in his mind. "Yeah, she is. I just need to figure out how to approach this without messing everything up."

Nikola patted Dominik's back. "You'll find a way, Dom. Just be honest with yourself and with her. Milica deserves that much."

As they continued their conversation beneath the starlit sky, Dominik felt a sense of gratitude for Nikola's wisdom and understanding. The complexities of emotions and the intricate dance of relationships seemed to unfold against the backdrop of the night.

Little did Dominik know that the conversation with Nikola would set in motion a series of events that would redefine the dynamics between him and Milica. The game of hearts, with its uncertainties and risks, had brought them to a crossroads. And as the night unfolded, the threads of connection between Dominik and Milica seemed to weave a story that held the promise of something beautiful—an exploration of emotions that went beyond the bounds of friendship, ready to script a new chapter in the tapestry of their intertwined lives.