THIRTY-THREE

Days had passed since Milica's first encounter with Talia's ominous emails, and the shadows of suspicion cast by those threatening messages lingered in the air. The growing silence between Milica and Dominik, punctuated by unspoken fears, created a chasm that seemed to widen with each passing day.

Milica, caught in a web of deceit woven by the specter of Dominik's past, grappled with the decision to reveal the truth. Talia's menacing emails continued to flood her inbox, each one a venomous reminder of the threats that loomed over her relationship.

Dominik, growing increasingly frustrated by the secrecy surrounding Milica's phone, couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something was amiss. His mind, fueled by a whirlwind of assumptions, fixated on the idea that Milica was hiding something—perhaps someone—leading him down a path of suspicion and doubt.

One evening, as they sat in a cozy cafe, the weight of unspoken tensions hung between them like a heavy curtain. Milica, torn between the fear of losing Dominik and the consequences of revealing Talia's threats, took a deep breath and decided it was time to open up.

"Dominik," Milica's voice trembled with the weight of her confession, "there's something I need to tell you."

Dominik, his eyes fixed on hers, urged her to continue with a nod.

"It's about those emails," Milica confessed, her gaze dropping to the table. "They're from Talia, your ex. She's been threatening me, and I didn't know how to tell you."

Dominik's expression shifted from confusion to a mix of anger and concern. "Threatening you? Why? What did you do?"

Milica, her heart heavy with the burden of truth, explained the situation—how Talia seemed unable to let go, how she saw Milica as a threat to what was once hers.

As Milica spoke, Dominik's anger simmered, replaced by a protective instinct. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" he demanded.

"I was scared," Milica admitted, her eyes welling with tears. "Scared of what it might do to us."

Dominik, realizing the gravity of the situation, reached across the table to gently touch Milica's hand. "We'll get through this together. I won't let anyone come between us."

Just as the weight seemed to lift, Dominik excused himself to fetch coffee from the counter. In his absence, another threatening message from Talia landed in Milica's inbox, shaking her to the core.

"It's over for your relationship with Dom. You can't escape this."

The ominous words hung in the air, casting a shadow over the fragile peace that had momentarily settled between Milica and Dominik.

As Milica grappled with the new threat, her phone buzzed with messages from Trent and her brother, both asking urgently, "What the hell have you done?"

The web of deceit, woven by Talia's menacing presence, tightened its grip, leaving Milica and Dominik entangled in a complex dance of love, fear, and the shadows that threatened to unravel the very fabric of their relationship.