Chapter 17: Land of Dragons!

The group arrives in the world. Ruby blinks confused as she looks down at herself. Her outfit had completely changed. She looked as if she was wearing armor.

"What happened with my clothes?" Ruby asks.

"It's Donald's magic! Whenever we enter a new world, we sometimes change outfits." Sora says.

"Why didn't your outfit change?" Ruby asks, "Or Donald and Goofy?" Sora shrugs.

"Why is it just me?" Ruby asks confused, "Donald, I want my usual clothes back."

"It doesn't work that way." Donald says.

"Huh?" Goofy asks and he gets the group's attention.

"A heartless?" Donald asks.

"Let's get a jump on 'em." Sora says.

"Gawrsh, maybe we better look before we leap." Goofy says.

"Wait here, Ruby, so you're safe." Sora says as Donald and Sora ignore Goofy.

"This... might end badly." Ruby says. Ruby rushes over behind the trio and Donald and Sora yell out battle cries. Ruby watches as the person lets out a scream while a lizard type creature screams as well.

"Wait... was that a girly scream?" Ruby asks.

"Is that Mushu?" Goofy asks.

"That's right, I know you heard of me! I'm little, lethal and legendary!" The lizard creature named Mushu says, "Now y'all scram before I get my dragon dander up!"

"Hey, Mushu. We missed you." Sora states.

"You know the little lizard thing?" Ruby asks almost silently.

"Well, you better hope I miss you or you're – you're... Sora! Donald! Goofy! Who's the other person?" Mushu says.

"Do you know them?" The person asks.

"Know them?! Man, we used to kick all kinds of bad guy butt together." Mushu says, "Yeah, you know, I helped these guys out of a lot of tight spots. 'Cause I'm a mighty dragon! Right?" He leans against Sora's leg and falls when Sora moves it.

"Something like that." Sora says, "And... you are?"

"I'm Mulan... Um, no I-I mean..." The person says.

"PING!" Mushu says.

"Ping?" Ruby asks.

'Does she really expect anyone to believe she's a man?' Ruby's thoughts ask.

"Mulan Ping?" Donald asks.

"Just... Ping. I am Ping, son of Fa Zhou." Mulan says trying to sound like a guy.

"You know Mushu?" Sora asks.

"Mushu's one of my family's guardians." Mulan says.

"We didn't know we were borrowin' somebody as important as a family guardian." Goofy says.

"Yeah, that's right! And that puts you three up to your eyeballs in debt to Ping here. Well, guess what, kiddies? It's payback time!" Mushu says.

"What?" Ruby asks confused.

Mushu..." Mulan says.

"Ah, they don't mind. Ain't that right?" Mushu asks.

"Hmm, sounds fair." Sora says.

"See, Ping here was just on his way to join the Imperial army." Mushu says.