Chapter 40: Axel and Ventus's Reunion!

[Later - The Mysterious Tower]

Ruby walks in with Axel and Kairi. Ansem the Wise hadn't gotten back so Ruby came when called to Yen Sid's tower. They'd arrived together. Ruby was deep in thought while Axel and Kairi were happy to see their friends. Ruby looks up and she spots the back of Ventus's head. She gasps in shock thinking it's Roxas. She runs over and she moves into the front of him.

"Rox–" Ruby begins but stops when she sees Ventus standing there instead, "Ventus."

"Yes?" Ventus asks and he looks at her.

"Ventus, this is Ruby." Aqua explains, "The little girl that Terra adopted as his little sister when he found her orphaned."

"Ruby?! Wow! You're all grown up!" Ventus exclaims.

"Shall we begin?" Yen Sid asks. The group stands in front of Master Yen Sid. They stood in the order of Ventus, Aqua, Riku, Mickey, Goofy, Sora, Donald, Kairi, Ruby and Axel. Master Yen Sid close his eyes.

"At last, we are all assembled." Yen Sid states.

"Yeah..." Ruby replies.

"First: Sora, Riku, Ruby, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, I cannot thank you enough for what you have done." Yen Sid explains.

"Hehe." Sora says sheepishly while laughing.

"And you, Aqua and Ventus: we are fortunate to have you back." Yen Sid continues.

"Thanks. I only wish we could have returned to help sooner." Aqua states.

"Thank you." Ventus states.

"I feel bad for letting you guys down. We tried, but we still haven't found Terra." Mickey says.

"Don't. He studied with Master Eraqus, just like us. He's our responsibility." Aqua states.

"Oh but I know where he is." Ruby explains.

"Where?!" Everyone asks.

"He's captured and... is part of the Organization." Ruby explains.

"Then we'll just have to free him." Ventus explains.

"Mickey told me that you saved me in the realm of darkness." Riku says, "I should have gone to help you right away. But I was too inexperienced, I'm sorry I know that I let you down."

"No, just the opposite." Aqua replies.

"Did ya know Riku's a true Keyblade Master now?" Goofy asks.

"That's wonderful." Aqua explains.

"The King too!" Donald exclaims.

"Good for you." Aqua congratulates.

"But Sora needs work." Donald mocks.

"Sora used the power of waking to wake Ventus." Ruby explains, "Doesn't that qualify him?" Sora and Ruby laugh together.

"I'm happy to see that you haven't changed one bit." Aqua states.

"Huh?" Sora asks.

"Sora, you probably don't remember..." Aqua explains.

"Uh... Um..." Sora replies.

"It's okay." Aqua assures him. Axel clears his throat.

Ah yes. Let us not forget our new keyblade wielders. Ruby, Lea, Kairi, you have made tremendous strides." Yen Sid says. Ventus looks over at Axel.

"Hey, there. And that's 'future Keyblade Master'—" Axel says and Aqua interrupts him.

"Kairi?" Aqua asks shocked. Kairi looks at her confused.