Chapter 38: Helping Friends!

Sora, Ruby, Donald and Goofy head out of the mansion and walk through the gates. Ruby was excited about seeing Roxas again. She giggles happily as she thought about all the things she wanted to show Roxas. She had adventures to tell him about. Even if he could see through Sora's eyes.

"So, you think you can bring Roxas back?" Evil Ansem says and Sora steps halfway in front of Ruby and Ruby gasps in shock.

"Ansem!" Sora says and a dark corridor portal opens, "Xemnas!"

"Roxas should have never existed in the first place. What you seek is impossible." Xemnas explains.

"You're wrong!" Ruby yells.

"Roxas does exist. His heart's inside my heart!" Sora snaps at the same time.

"And in the unlikely event you did manage to separate you two, where is it you think you can put his heart?" Xemnas asks.

"Well... Roxas used to live in the other Twilight Town, right?" Sora asks, "So, I'm just gonna put him back there." Sora was unsure.

"Do you even realize what you are saying?" Evil Ansem says, "The other Twilight Town is just data." Ruby thought about it.

"A heart can live anywhere. Even inside data!" Ruby exclaims with small tears in her eyes.

"There are hearts all around us!" Sora snaps.

"Ansem and Xemnas used to be part of the same person, right?" Goofy asks.

"What?" Ruby asks.

"But look. Now they exist separately just fine. If they can do it, then I don't see any reason why you and Roxas can't find a way." Goofy explains.

"Oh... yeah!" Sora exclaims.

"Yeah! You tell 'em, Captain Goofy!" Donald exclaims.

""Hmm, in that case, by all means." Evil Ansem states. Ruby looks at him. She knew he harbored Terra's heart.

"Nothing would please us more than Roxas's return, of course." Xemnas states.

"Let me guess, so that you can use him for evil? Not happening. Roxas is part of the light. He is my guardian of light. Just like you have a Guardian of Darkness." Ruby growls out.

"Still so blind. A nobody is what's left behind when one gives his heart to darkness. There is only one way to bring Roxas back, which is for you to give your heart up as well. Sora, have you finally decided to call upon the darkness?" Xemnas asks.

"What?" Sora asks.

"Go on then. The shadows are never out of reach." Evil Ansem says and summons Heartless to attack them. Xemnas makes Nobodies as well for them to fight.

"Now, set your heart free!" Xemnas and Evil Ansem say in unison before they vanish into darkness.

"Wait!" Sora yells out and rushes after them but they vanish before he gets to them.

"Sora! We've got a battle here!" Ruby explains.

"It's not darkness! Not if it helps him!" Sora says and summons his Keyblade. The four of them fight off the Heartless and Nobodies and easily defeat the horde. After the battle, Ruby looks down with a sad and worried look on her face.

"Herc said..." Sora begins causing Ruby to look up at him, "He said, 'With all my heart'. Okay. Then all my heart it is. I'm getting Roxas out. Are you with me? Ruby? Donald? Goofy?" Ruby's eyes widened and she nods at him.

"You betcha!" The three exclaim.

"I don't know what Ansem and Xemnas want, but we better tell the others to watch out." Sora explains.