Chapter 10: Xion Vanishes!

"Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clock tower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloak with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulls him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stood alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stood alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looked like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reached up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sat beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares at out the sky and the title is shown above her.

[Day 255]

Over the past couple weeks, the group had gotten closer and closer but Ruby felt as if Xion was drifting away from the other three. She felt like there was something strange with all three of her friends. She couldn't quite put her finger on just what it was however. After school, Ruby heads to her usual spot. She smiles as she notices her only true friend sitting there waiting. It'd been almost a year since she became friends with him and his weird friend.

"You made it." Ruby says.

"Hey, Ruby!" Roxas says as he looks at her.

"How are you today, Roxas?" Ruby asks.

"I'm doing good." Roxas says.

"Where's Axel?" Ruby asks.

"Late as usual." Roxas says.

"Late really?" Ruby says and Roxas nods, "Guess it's just us."

"Yeah, I guess so." Roxas says. The two laugh as they talk for a while. Axel finally arrives as he walks over.

"You two are early." Axel says as he walks over.

"No, you're just late." Roxas says. Axel sits down and reveals the sea-salt ice cream.

"Hmm..." Roxas says, "Today makes 255."

"What's that about?" Axel asks.

"It's how long it's been since we all became friends." Ruby says with a giggle.

"For me it's been that many days since I first joined the Organization." Roxas says, "Man, time flies."

"So, you got the number memorized, do you?" Axel asks.

"Yeah. Have to hang onto something right? It's not like I have memories from before the Organization. Don't you remember? I acted like a zombie." Roxas says.

"You did when I found you two up here in my favorite spot." Ruby says.

"Right, that first week you could barely form a sentence. But you did talk to Ruby for some reason." Axel says.

"Barely." Ruby says.

"But come on, you're still kind of a zombie." Axel says hitting Roxas in the back playfully.

"Oh thanks!" Roxas says and the three laugh.

"Hey, Roxas, Ruby, bet you don't know why the sun sets red." Axel says.

"Where are you going with this?" Ruby asks.

"You see, light is made up of lots of colors. And out of all those colors, red is the one that travels the farthest." Axel says.

"Like I asked! Know-it-all!" Roxas says.

"Seriously, where is she?" Roxas asks.

"Xion? Haven't seen her today." Ruby says, "Didn't even see her at the Ice cream shop." Axel gets quiet and Ruby looks over with Roxas towards the way the group normally walks up.

After that day, Roxas reveals that Xion had vanished. Ruby was getting really worried. Axel stopped showing up as well, so it was just Roxas and Ruby. Ruby began to worry that the day was coming that she would never see Roxas again. Another eighteen days passed and Ruby was getting very worried about her friends.

After a few days, Axel finally shows up. Ruby looks up at him as he approaches and she smiles up at him. She by now knew that she was different around her friends. She actually smiled and she actually acted like a girl which impressed everyone in town after she'd come down from the clocktower all happy from hanging out with them.

"Hey, Axel." Ruby says.

"Hey." Axel says.

"This is a surprise with you being here again." Ruby says.

"Yeah." Axel says.

"Hey... It's been a while." Roxas says walking over.

"You think so?" Axel asks.

"So... I went to the beach today." Roxas says.

"Awe, without me?" Ruby asks.

"I brought you this." Roxas says and he holds up a seashell.

"This will complete the necklace that I'm working on!" Ruby says, "Thank you, Roxas."

"You're welcome." Roxas says.

"Is seashells all you got?" Axel asks.

"Yeah, but... I saw this girl who looked kind of like Xion... I couldn't get close enough to tell for sure. I probably imagined it. To be honest, I'm not even sure today's mission really happened. Feels like I just woke up from a dream or something. Do you remember our promise?" Roxas asks, "When we said that the fur of us would go to the beach on our next break? Maybe that's why. Maybe I saw Xion there because I wanted her to be there." Axel gets quiet and he stands up. He sighs as he looks away. Ruby blinks confused.

"Wanna go look for her?" Axel asks.

"Huh?" Roxas asks.

"Beginning tomorrow, let's use our spare time to find Xion." Axel says.

"Mhm." Roxas says.

"What about me?" Ruby asks.

"It'd be dangerous for you to travel around like us." Axel says.

"Oh." Ruby says.

"But we'll be sure you check back here." Axel says.

"Good you better." Ruby says.

"We will." Axel says.

"I do wish I could go with you two. I'd love to see the different worlds." Ruby says.

"They are certainly something, that's for sure." Roxas says and Ruby nods.

"Well I'll be here every day no matter what, way after dark if you two want to stop by." Ruby says.

"Alright." Axel says.

"Thanks." Roxas says and Ruby smiles.

"Good luck and bring Xion back." Ruby says.

"Yeah." The guys say.