Chapter 23: The Knight of Nightmare!

[Halloween Town]

Ruby looks at herself. Her hair was now in pigtails with the ends being black. She looks down at her outfit. Her basic tank top now sported a black overcoat over it and she now wore a pair of black shorts with bandage-like tights. Her overcoat looked like a cape that covered her back and legs. Her shoes were now black and red boots. On her head was a little skull mask that hung onto the side of her hair. {AN: If you compare her outfit with Roxas's from 258/2 - These outfits are VERY similar.}

"I'll never get over the outfit changes..." Ruby explains. Ruby looks at the others. Sora's outfit was changed this time. Goofy looked like himself but with a screw in his head. Donald looked like a mummy.

"This is Halloween Town, right?" Sora asks.

"It sure looks like Halloween–" Donald explains as he trails off. Everyone looks over at why he trailed off. Something flies by Ruby and she hugs Sora from behind screaming. They all scream at Ruby's scream. They look over and notice the ghost.

"Hey, it's Zero! How have you been, boy?" Sora asks. Zero flies away and they head after him.

"What is a Zero and why are we chasing after it?" Ruby asks.

"Zero is our friend. He's Jack's friend." Sora explains. The group finds the beheading area/town square completely empty. In the square was a ramp of some kind.

"What's that for?" Sora asks. They hear something and Ruby looks up first.

"Whoa!" Ruby exclaims.

"It's Jack!" Donald confirms.

"What in the world... is he doing?" Ruby asks. Jack lands his weird sleigh and Jack stands up to look at them.

"Sora! Donald! Goofy! Welcome back and Merry Christmas!" Jack exclaims.

"Uh... Christmas?" Ruby asks.

"Merry Christmas?" Sora asks, "Don't you mean Happy Halloween?"

"Of course. Halloween greetings from Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King." Jack says and tries to scare Sora but Ruby screams instead.

"This is Ruby, our new friend." Sora says. There was that word again. Ruby always froze when Sora said it. He considered her a friend. Should she do the same?

"Forgive me, I'm in a Christmas mood. You see I'm running the show this year, but I need Sandy Claw's blessing, so I'm off to Christmas Town!" Jack explains.

"Christmas Town?" Ruby asks, "Aren't you the King of Halloween Town?"

"Nonsense if Sandy Claws can do it then I can too!" Jack says.

"Sandy Claws?" Sora asks. He looks at Ruby curiously if she knows. She shook her head. She didn't know.

"I think he means Santa Claus." Goofy explains.

"Aren't these decorations wonderful?" Jack asks.

"Uh, sure." Ruby replies.

"This year, Halloween Town's going to handle Christmas too! But first! We have to visit Sally!" Jack exclaims.

"Who's Sally?" Ruby asks.

"His girlfriend." Sora whispers.

"Ooh." Ruby replies.

"She's working on something no self-respecting Santa Claus can do without!" Jack says, "Come along, I'll show you!" Ruby looks at Sora.

"A Halloween Town Christmas?" Sora asks, curiously. The four look at all the gifts that were already made. Donald and Goofy shiver at what was already made and on display.