Chapter 3: Ruby's First Touch of Loneliness!

"Breath... should I take a deep?" Ruby is shown sitting alone on the clock tower as she stares out at the sunset. "Faith... should I take the leap?" Roxas is shown in his organization thirteen cloak with the hood up. "Taste... what a bittersweet!" The two are shown walking the opposite direction of one another before they are shown looking at one another from over their shoulders. "All my, all my life!" Axel is shown walking over to Roxas and putting his arm around his neck and pulls him away. "Let me face!" Ruby is shown looking away as she stood alone. "Let me face!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown running from Nobodies that suddenly attack. "Let me face my fears!" Roxas is shown looking down sadly as he was forced to follow orders. "Let me face! Let me face! Let me face my fears!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown laughing as she sits next to Roxas as the two talk. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown standing with shock on her face as Roxas is shown standing in front of her. "Won't be long!" Light flashes and Ruby is shown crying as she stood alone. "I'm almost here!" Light flashes as Sora and Roxas are shown on separate screens before Roxas is shown fading away and Sora is shown alone. "Watch me cry all my tears!" Ruby is staring at the sky as it looked like doves fly around her. "Let me face!" Light flashes as Ruby is shown floating back as she reached up. "Let me face!" Roxas, Ruby, Xion and Axel are shown laughing together as Ruby and Roxas sat beside one another. "Let me face my fears!" Music continues to play as Ruby and Roxas are shown reuniting before Ruby is shown sitting alone as she stares at out the sky and the title is shown above her.

The following day, Roxas didn't show up. Ruby was beginning to get worried. She sighs as she sat alone. Xion did show up, so Ruby at least had someone to talk to.

"So, what's it like to be alive?" Xion asks.

"Huh? That's a bizarre question." Ruby says.

"Can you answer it anyway?" Xion asks.

"Don't you know? You're living too." Ruby says.

"Well... I suppose, but could you answer the question?" Xion asks.

"I've overheard the guys... you guys think you don't have hearts?" Ruby asks.

"Huh? Yeah..." Xion says.

"If you don't have hearts, then how are you capable of making friends?" Ruby asks.

"Roxas says that Axel and him were your first friends." Xion says.

"Roxas... is right. He's also... my first crush too." Ruby says.

"Crush?" Xion asks.

"Uh... it means I have feelings more than friends with him. But it's just because he's such a nice guy." Ruby says.

"I see." Xion says, "I should get back."

"Alright. When you see Roxas, tell him I missed him today. But don't tell him that I'm starting to like him more than a friend." Ruby says.

"Okay." Xion says and she leaves.

After that day, Xion got really busy with work so she didn't see her for a few days. She came to check in every once in a while but Ruby was alone again. It had been a total of 22 days before Roxas returned. Ruby sat waiting when she heard footsteps. She assumed that it was Xion. She looks over and her eyes widen.

"Roxas!" Ruby yells as she jumps up and hugs him. She surprises him as he didn't expect to be hugged.

"I've been so worried about you, Roxas! Where have you been?" Ruby asks.

"I'm not sure." Roxas says.

"I'm so glad you're back though. I thought maybe you guys got tired of me." Ruby says and Roxas's eyes widen when he finds Ruby crying.

"Your... face is leaking." Roxas says.

"Oh, it's tears." Ruby says.

"Why?" Roxas asks.

"I missed you. You're my friend and I worried about you. I'm happy that you are okay." Ruby says.

"I see." Roxas says.

"Stay here, I'll go get some ice cream." Ruby says and she walks away. She wipes her face as she walks and she smiles that Roxas was finally back. Ruby rushes to the ice cream shop and when she comes back she hears Roxas and Xion talking.

"What happened to me?" Roxas asks.

"You were sleeping for a long time. Saïx said there was no telling when you might wake up... But I'm glad you did." Xion says.

"Ruby was glad too. She went to get ice cream she could back any minute." Roxas says, "I kinda feel like a zombie though."

"Glad you're not." Ruby says as she walks over, "Since I knew you were coming, I brought three."

"Thanks." Xion says as Ruby passes her an ice cream. Ruby passes one to Roxas as well and Ruby sits down on the other side of Roxas. It was his left side while Xion sat on the right.

"I brought you this." Xion says.

"Ooh, is that another shell like the ones you brought me?" Ruby asks.

"It is." Xion says, "I've been picking one up on every mission."

"I've got an entire collection now." Ruby says.

"I didn't know you liked things like collecting shells." Roxas says.

"Well, I am a girl." Ruby says.

"Hold it up to your ear." Xion suggests and Roxas does. His eyes widen as he hears something.

"I wanna hear!" Ruby says and she leans over and listens as well. They listen to what sounds like ocean waves.

"That sounds amazing." Roxas says.

"Sounds like waves crashing on a beach." Ruby says.

"My thoughts exactly." Xion says. Ruby looks up and her eyes widen when she was so close to Roxas. She looks away and she blushes slightly.

The following day, Roxas showed up and Xion seemed to be too busy. Roxas and Ruby just talked about random things and laughed together as well. Roxas told her about how he'd been on missions alone. She wondered where it was that he went on missions.

"Oh... other worlds." Roxas says.

"Other worlds?" Ruby asks.

"Yeah, there is more than just this one." Roxas says.

"I wonder if I can visit other worlds one day." Ruby asks.

"It's dangerous." Roxas says, "Heartless, uh, that one monster you saw me fighting. They are everywhere."

"Oh, yikes." Ruby says.

"It's safer for you to stay here." Roxas says.

"But those monsters pop up here." Ruby says.

"Yeah, which is why I've been taking care of them." Roxas says and Ruby giggles.

"Thanks." Ruby says.