Chapter 2 : A New Feeling.

Taylor's hand reached out to shake Karlie's. Both girls were still in awe of each other's raw beauty and smiled flirtatiously at each other throughout Olivia's whole examination. Taylor snapped back to the matter at hand and told the doctor that Olivia hasn't eaten since yesterday and she was acting weird the whole morning. 

Karlie kept quiet while continuing to examine Olivia as Taylor speaks on. After much careful examination, Karlie suggested an X-ray would be better to get a full picture of what's going on inside. A worried look came across Taylor's face as the situation might be just as she imagined or worst. "I'm just going to take her to the other room for a CAT scan, get it? CAT scan!" Karlie couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. Taylor just stared at her blankly, didn't know what was the appropriate response. 

Karlie's efforts to lighten the mood and cheer Taylor up a bit failed terribly. She then placed her hand on Taylor's, gripped it and gave it a tight squeeze, and told her everything is going to be alright. "Don't worry too much. I'm sure it's nothing serious. Also, sorry for my joke. I was just trying to get you to smile." Taylor felt bad that she made her feel that way and replied "No, it's okay. It's me. I just love my cats a lot." "Cats?" Karlie asked. "Yea that one is Olivia Benson and the other one at home is Meredith Grey." Karlie looked at Taylor for a second, puzzled. She was processing the thought in her head that Taylor actually named her cats after famous TV characters and was amused by it all.

Twenty minutes passed by and Taylor was in the common waiting area with Spencer by her side. Some kids even came up to Taylor and asked her for her autograph which she kindly obliged. 

Moments later, the nurse called Taylor back in and she saw Karlie examining the images. She held her hands tightly together as if she was praying, waiting patiently for the doc to start talking. "Well, it seems I was right, it is nothing serious. She just ate something that she wasn't supposed to and it caused an upset stomach. She just needs an injection and some antibiotics and you guys are good to go," Karlie said while smiling happily at Taylor. 

She could tell that a cloud of storms in Taylor's head had finally disappeared and a burden has been lifted. Now that she knows for sure Olivia is going to be alright, Taylor placed her focus back on Karlie and thought about asking her out for coffee, just to thank her for being so thoughtful and kind. Basically everything. 

Knowing that no one could ever turn her down, she cleared her throat and smiled to herself. "Umm Karlie, I was wondering if you're free tomorrow afternoon for a cup of coffee? My treat. Well, it's the least I could do after all that you've done for Olivia and I." While Taylor waited confidently for an answer, Karlie who was surprised by the offer didn't know what to say as there was something that was holding her back. She wanted to take Taylor up on her offer so badly but she knew she shouldn't. "It's my pleasure and I'd love to but I already have plans for tomorrow. Perhaps some other time?" Taylor felt a weird new feeling inside of her as she had never been rejected by anyone before. She just smiled back and nodded at Karlie.

Feeling slightly upset, Taylor quickly grabbed her cat, took the medicine and paid for the bills after leaving the room. Spencer held the door for her while she was heading out of the clinic. 

When she was about to get into her car, she heard someone's footsteps approaching, running after her. She turned around, stunned to see that it was Karlie's nurse. She handed over a small folded piece of paper and said "Hey Taylor, you dropped this on your way out." She winked at Taylor before heading back into the clinic. She was quick on her feet and Taylor couldn't even thank her in time. 

In the car, she was feeling somewhat confused and didn't remember having any piece of paper with her or in her purse. She opened it and it read "Thought you might want this" along with a phone number. Taylor was having a hard time comprehending was just happened. Did Karlie's nurse really just slip Taylor her number? Isn't it also a bit unethical? 

The more she thought about it, the more frustrated she got as she wanted the cute doctor's number instead. She brushed off the idea of calling the nurse pretty quickly and didn't think much of it since. Back home, she concentrated on nursing Olivia back to health and made sure she remembered to feed her the medicine on time. She played with both her cats for a while before leaving again for her meeting that was postponed earlier. 

In the meeting with her producer, Simon, she couldn't focus at all. He noticed that Taylor was absent-minded as he had to constantly repeat over and over again what he had said. Unfortunately, her mind and soul weren't in the room.

(As always feedback is important. Please vote and let me know what you guys think. Thanks!)