Chapter 18: The L Word.

"Oh, how lovely to finally meet you, Taylor. You're very pretty." Tracy said as she extends her hand out to shake Taylor's.

"Thank you," Taylor said coyly. That's all she could mutter out. She was so nervous on the inside, not knowing the woman she helped was her girlfriend's mum. She decided to leave it up to fate and go with the flow, even though she still feels it's too soon to be meeting the parents.

"Taylor, this is my mum, Tracy." Karlie looked back and forth between the two, an anxious expression creeping up on her face.

"She's very pretty," Tracy repeated again. But this time she said it to Karlie, hinting that she did well with a catch like Taylor.

"I know, mum. That's sort of the only reason why I like her." Karlie said with a mild sass in her tone which now earned herself a nudge from Taylor and a piercing stare from her mum.

"Okay, okay, sorry. I was just kidding." Karlie surrendered as she spoke again and gave Taylor a kiss to make her feel better and at ease.

"Don't just be standing there you two. Come, sit down." Tracy requested, smiling at both girls.

"Oh no, it's okay. I don't want to intrude on your mother-daughter time." Taylor rejected the generous offer politely, not wanting to seem rude.

Karlie was silent the entire time, watching the other two interact. She didn't know exactly how Taylor felt at that moment and wants her to make her own decision, leaving it completely up to her, whether or not she wants to join them.

"Oh, nonsense. Don't be silly, dear. Here, have a seat." Tracy was incredibly persistent that it made Taylor said yes on the second time round.

"Okay, I guess I can sit for a while." Taylor gave a light smile as Karlie pulled out the chair for her, like during all of their previous dates.

"Babe, how come you didn't mention your mum's bakery before?" Taylor who's now a bit calmer than before decided to make the best of it as she mischievously raise an eyebrow to the taller girl.

"Well, we didn't really have much time to do any talking since we got here. Remember?" Karlie teased the older girl, blushing with her cheeks now a burning red color.

Taylor gasped and was beyond shocked, slightly embarrassed by Karlie's words. She smacked her right on her thigh, making the younger girl yowl out loud, causing some of the other customers to look over at them. Taylor was still more embarrassed about Karlie's words in front of her mum than the 10 people looking right at her.

"Gosh, you girls are just the cutest. Isn't it just great to be in love?" Tracy asked, little did she know that both girls actually haven't said the L word to each other. Yet.

Both girls let out a funny awkward laugh, till one of them decided to change the topic.

The trio carried on the afternoon and talked for hours, laughs and giggles in between involuntary tears of joy. By this point, Taylor had already loosened up completely and lost all sense of nervousness. She didn't even know what made her feel that way in the first place. Then she remembered. She had never met any of her girlfriend's parents before except Jaime's. All her other relationships would end before it could get to that stage. Things didn't go so well either when she met Jaime's parents. Taylor felt as if they dislike her in some way but never asked and Jaime was too blind to notice it. All of that over the years made her tense up whenever the situation arises. But seeing how easy it is to be with Karlie and her mum, chatting away happily, made her thrilled to want to spend more time and get to know the whole Kloss family.