Chapter 21: The Photo Album.

"Girls, dinner is ready!" Tracy said out loud as she placed the last dish on the dining table. Before the girls came walking in from the living room, Tracy took one last look around the table after taking off her apron, making sure everything was perfect and all is in order.

The girls walked in with wide eyes as they saw the big feast laid across the table.

"Mum, dad, this is beautiful and a little too much for 7 people. But thank you," Karlie said as her eyes were still glued to the table.

"It was mostly your mum's hard work. I just helped out a little bit." Kurt explained as he took a seat at his regular chair.

After thanking their parents for their hard work in the kitchen by kissing them on the cheek, all 4 sisters and Taylor took their respective seats.

Soon they started digging in. But Taylor didn't know where to start. There were too many to choose, from the old-fashioned glazed ham and creamy spinach to mashed potatoes and Tracy's famous veggie lasagna that Karlie had sworn would be life changing for Taylor. And she was right. One bite and Taylor was hooked forever.

"Oh gosh! This veggie lasagna is amazing, Tracy." Taylor couldn't help but compliment Tracy's cooking skills as she took each bite of it.

"Oh thank you, Taylor. It's a traditional recipe that my grandmother passed it on to my mother and then she passed it on to me. I hope to pass it on to my girls someday. But they're all pretty busy with their own life now. And it's very rare that we're all here together at the same time." Tracy almost couldn't get her words across as she held back her tears. She just missed having her daughters with her all the time.

Karlie noticed her mum's actions and quickly placed a hand on hers to comfort her. "Well, we're all here now. That's what matters most and we should make the best of it."

All her other sisters agreed and they quickly changed the topic in hopes that it would cheer up their mum.

"So... does Karlie have any embarrassing stories when she was growing up? She told me some but I'd like to hear some from you guys also." As soon as Taylor asked that question, Karlie quickly looked over to Taylor and her gaze slowly shifts to her sisters.

All her sister were fighting to answer Taylor but finally, Kristine won the fight as she got the others to keep quiet while she starts to tell her funny story of Karlie.

"So when Karlie was about 11 or 12 years old, she slept late one night and woke up late for school the next day. She hurriedly got ready and managed to catch the last school bus before its too late. She was still so sleepy that she forgot how tall she was and she accidentally hit her head as she entered the bus. Everyone laughed and it made Karlie laugh also. That knock on her head definitely woke her up a little more but not enough to make her realize that she wore her skirt inside out. She was so pissed that when she came back, she asked mum to take a picture of her, all angry but still very cute with her little backpack over her shoulder and purple Daffy Duck lunch box in hand. The picture that she insisted on was a daily reminder for her to never ever be late for school again. And she hadn't since."

"Or the time when she was 13, learning how to bake and decided to go off the recipe and by off I mean a lot. Surprisingly she made a whole batch of cookies that tasted great at first. But it got Karlie hospitalized for 2 days. It still amazes me how none of us ate the cookies even though it smelt amazing." Kariann added.

"Oh no, I can't believe you guys still remember that. Well, I'd like to think that I saved you guys by telling that I went off the recipe. I still remember you guys putting the cookie back down immediately after I said that." Karlie explained, slowly covering her face as feelings of embarrassment started creeping onto her face.