Chapter 14: The Panic Attack.

Taylor took a few seconds to recollect the events of last night. Vague memories came crashing back, in the form of bits and pieces. After putting them together, she finally knew what Tree meant. Honestly, she didn't know what to reply her.

Wasn't she allowed to have a little fun, with her best friends??? Sure it wasn't Taylor's usual behavior but sometimes the girl needs to let loose or else she'll crack and spiral downwards. Living under the public scrutiny is hard, especially if you're an international pop star with a string of highly publicized past relationships.

"I don't know what you mean. I was just having a little fun last night. That's all." Taylor answered defensively, knowing very well what Tree meant. But she decided to ignore it and brush the matter off as quickly as possible.

"Can you get me some aspirins? I also need to take a shower first before hair and makeup. Let's get moving, or else we'll really be late."

As she got up to get some aspirins for Taylor, she caught herself sighing, worried about the singer. She promised Andrea that she would keep an eye on her, particularly on this trip. And that's exactly what she'll do.

While hair and makeup were being done, Taylor was busy playing with her phone and munching on her food that she ordered from room service earlier. There was a few texts and missed calls from Karlie. Taylor felt like an idiot. If she hadn't spent a late night out drinking shots with her friends, she would have wakened up early and been able to answer her call. Her quick instinct was to call Karlie immediately and she did just that.

The first call went unanswered. The second went straight to voicemail. "That's weird," Taylor mumbled to herself.

Tree who had her face buried in her phone, entered the room suddenly and asked Taylor, "What is?"

"Karlie's not picking up. She called and texted me this morning. Do you think she's mad at me?" Taylor asked in a mellow voice.

"Taylor, don't be silly. Karlie isn't that type of a person and you know it." Tree reasoned, trying to comfort her.

In her mind, she knew Tree was right and she was being silly. Karlie's not one to get mad over these petty things. "She must be busy with something important at work," Taylor said in her head.

Before leaving her room for the charity event, she sent one last text to Karlie. In it, it read, "Karlie, I'm sorry I didn't pick up your call earlier. I'm heading to the event now. Text me back when you've read this?" Taylor didn't want to sound too demanding considering how it was kind of her fault.

As she was getting out of the car after the door swung open, there were hundreds of cameras pointed at her. One by one they started clicking it, causing her to be blinded by the thousands of flashes. It was hard for her to navigate her way but thank god for Tree, being there to guide her every step that night. After posing for what seems like a millionth time, she went in with Tree and sat at her table with Ed and Selena. She told Tree she didn't want to stay long either. Maybe only for an hour or so. In her mind, she just wanted to get this over with.

About an hour into the event, she decided it was time to leave. She along with Tree and her bodyguard went out into a small narrow hallway to leave using the back entrance. As she was walking, she heard a familiar voice from the distant. The moment she recognized whose voice it belonged to, Taylor felt sick. Her hands started sweating and she was a 100 percent sure she was having a mental panic attack. She didn't know what to do. Should she run the other way or walk pass, hoping the other girl won't notice her?

Taylor did neither.

Instead, the decision was made for her.

"Hey, Taylor!" Jaime who grabbed her by her hand, stopped in her tracks, causing the small hallway to be in a standstill. "How've you been?" Jaime continued, genuinely wanting to know the answer.

In Taylor's head, she was fuming. How dare she grab my hand like that? Like as if nothing had happened, that Jaime didn't hurt her and broke her heart a year ago. But Taylor knew very well that she can't blow up in front of everyone, especially at a public event.

She simply kept her frustration in and replied politely. "Hey Jaime, I'm doing great. Thanks for asking. But sorry I have to run off now. Catch you later." As Taylor was about to walk away, Jaime grabbed her again. This time by her arm.

"Look, Taylor, I'm sorry. Can I just talk to you for a little bit? 10 mins tops. Okay, 5 mins?"

Taylor looked at Tree for a second. Then she gave in and nodded.

They went to one of the rooms at the back with all their entourage waiting outside. Tree actually wanted to be in the room with Taylor since she knew the whole story, but Jaime asked if they could talk alone, privately.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Taylor said, aggressively. She didn't even think to care about her tone anymore since no one was around .

"Okay, I know I messed up big time and I'm really sorry about it. And I know I should have said it earlier but I was just so afraid cause what I did was really unforgivable. I made the biggest mistake of my life when I broke up with you."

Jaime paused for a second, allowing her words to sink in for a bit, hoping Taylor would say something and maybe try to forgive her.

Taylor stared blankly at her, didn't want to say anything.

"Anyways, I broke up with her 8 months ago and I've done a lot of thinking since. I finally know how I truly feel and who I really want."

Jaime instantly took Taylor in by her hips and kissed her.

(Yes, Jaime as in Jaime King. No hate please. Remember to vote and comment below. Let me know what you guys thought about it. Have a great day!)