Chapter 7: The Peculiar Sound.

"Okay, before I tell you who it is, you have to promise me you'll maintain your composure and not scream like how you used to back home." Karlie was cautious with her words and she was still a bit hesitant to tell Kimberly that she's been seeing or hanging out with Taylor Swift. Kimberly reached out to give Karlie a pinky promise and just kept quiet, waiting for Karlie to continue her sentence. "It's Taylor." 

For a second there, Kimberly didn't respond to her and was looking rather a bit confused. Kimberly thought to herself and was trying to recall if she knew anyone named Taylor but none comes to mind. With the same confused look on her face, she asked Karlie, "Taylor who?" Karlie replied in a soft voice, "Taylor Swift" and it almost went unheard, but Kimberly caught it when she read her sister's lips. She was stunned and almost lets out a small squeal. Then she remembered she promised Karlie to not overreact so she did exactly that. 

Karlie was still quiet while allowing her sister some time to process the information that was given moments ago. When Kimberly finally gathered her thoughts, the first question that came to mind was " How did you two meet?" Kimberly asked while closing her half opened mouth, still shocked with that piece of information.

"Well, her cat wasn't feeling well one day and her go-to vet was out of town. So the nurse referred her to my clinic. And that's how we met." Karlie's smile appeared on her face again while she was explaining the story to her sister as she recalled that day. Kimberly was over the moon for her sister because she could see how happy she is right now and Taylor is part of the reason. Not because she's Taylor Swift. That's just an added bonus. She knew Karlie couldn't care less about money and fame. Those things don't matter to her. 

Before dinner came to an end, Karlie made her sister swear that she wouldn't tell anyone just yet. Not even her other sisters or parents. She didn't want to make a big deal out of it in case things don't work out. If things ever get serious between the two, Karlie would tell them herself. Kimberly nodded in agreement, acknowledging that it was the smart and logical thing to do. Soon Karlie picked up the bill and head out of the restaurant to help her sister hail a cab. Both girls hugged and promised to keep each other updated about things. Kimberly got into the cab and waved goodbye to her sister. Karlie stood there for a few minutes to send out a quick text to Taylor, before getting into another cab.

Over at Taylor's place, she awoke to the sound of Meredith and Olivia purring on her bed. "They're probably hungry," Taylor thought to herself. She fiddled around for the light switch and went it came on, it took her a second to adjust to the brightness of her room. She grabbed her phone and head for the kitchen with both her cats following closely behind. After feeding them, she checked her phone which was now overflowing with dozens of text messages, emails, and a few missed calls. This was hardly a surprise. She had gotten used to it over the years and always made it a custom to mute her phone whenever she takes a nap or sleep. With all those text messages, only one, in particular, caught her eye. It was from Karlie.

K: "I miss you. Are you free right now?" 

That short text was more than enough to make Taylor's face beam up with a radiant light. She unlocked her phone and immediately replied Karlie.

T: "Miss you too. Yeap I am. Is dinner with your sister over?" 

Taylor sent out the text without even realizing that it was now half past nine. Few seconds later, her phone buzzed again.

K: "Yeap, it is and I'm dying to see you."

T: "I'll send my car around to pick you up now."

K: "That won't be necessary. You should come down to your lobby, though. *insert winking emoji*

Taylor who was dressed in a cat printed sweater top and short shorts, headed straight for the lift and in no time did she reach the ground floor of her building. Once the door opened, she scanned the entire lobby and there Karlie was, sitting at the lounging area, looking at Taylor with a breathtaking smile on her face.

"Thought I'd surprise you. Hope it's okay," said Karlie who then leaned in to hug Taylor in a tight embrace. "Don't be silly. It's more than okay. I love surprises, especially if it's from you." Karlie's cheeks were burning up after hearing those words and it didn't help much either when Taylor planted a kiss on it. The older girl then grabbed Karlie's hand and led the way to the lift. They tried to put on a straight face in front of the doorman and Taylor's bodyguard. It didn't work however as both couldn't help but chuckle as they wait impatiently for the lift to close before playfully attacking each other.

 The effect that they both have on each other is pretty insane and often indescribable. It would be crazy to deny that they weren't scared about how fast they were falling for each other. But it would also be extremely dumb to hold back their feelings and not allow themselves to free fall into something that could potentially be amazing, just because of the fear that they might get hurt one day. Whatever it was, it felt more than right and at that moment, that's all that matters. 

As they were 2 floors away from Taylor's penthouse, a rather peculiar sound came out of nowhere, interrupting their steamy kiss. They stared at each other, till Taylor lets out a big laugh when she realized it was her stomach growling because she hasn't eaten anything yet since this afternoon. 

Taylor leans in and whispers....

(HAHAHA! Leave a comment below and tell me what you guys think Taylor said. I'm also having second thoughts about adding conflicts into the story. Because initially I was actually focused on writing kaylor fluff. Any thoughts on this matter???)

You guys have been super amazing. So here's another chapter. Hope you enjoyed it and have a great day.