Chapter 10: The London Trip.

After their last conversation on the phone, they decided to get lunch at Nobu and they would meet each other there. Karlie who arrived earlier as usual, was busy burying her face in her phone, going through some emails and arranging her work schedule, while waiting for Taylor to arrive. When she heard a loud commotion outside, she knew it had to be the singer. And when she walked in, she looked absolutely stunning, causing heads to turn. 

Taylor spotted Karlie in a sea full of people and walked over to their table. As Karlie was about to get up to greet Taylor and give her a hug, she stopped her and leaned down to kiss her instead. It was clear Taylor wanted to show Karlie off to the world, letting everyone know that they're sort of together, even though they haven't had that conversation yet. It caught Karlie a bit off guard and flustered. But she was also flattered by it, causing rosy cheeks to form on her face. They called the waiter over after looking at the menu for a few minutes and placed their order.

Taylor turned her attention back to Karlie, noticed the younger girl wanted to say something. "Penny for your thoughts?" Taylor asked, head slightly tilted. Before Karlie started speaking, she gave out a weak smile. "Last night, I heard you whispered to me "be gentle to my heart". Wha... what happened in your last relationship? You sounded broken when you said that." Karlie reached out for Taylor's hand and squeezed it, hoping to give her some strength to open up about her past. Taylor froze for a second, didn't know what to say. She didn't think they would have a conversation about exes this soon. Since Karlie brought it up, she figured she might as well open up a little bit. Besides, she thought to herself that maybe opening up isn't such a bad idea, helping her to forget about the past and look forward to the future. 

Taylor took a deep breath before she spoke. "Okay, I'm gonna say it real fast. We were together for 2 years, was even talking about getting engaged. Till she moved to London for a better job. We tried the whole long distance thing, flying out to see each other whenever we can. Soon cracks started to form and it didn't help things either when she found someone else and broke things off on our anniversary in a text. And that's my sad story. I'm hungry. Let's eat!" Taylor said, trying hard to change the topic quickly.

"And I'm sorry. I know I wasn't supposed to hear it but I'm glad I did. Cause... cause I'm also falling in love with you, Taylor Swift.

Karlie said shyly with one hand still holding onto Taylor's and the other holding chopsticks, feeding Taylor some delicious sushi. Bits of sushi fell out and dropped onto Taylor's plate, making the girls giggle. With a few drips of sauce at the corner of Taylor's lips, Karlie wiped it away with her finger and licked it. Taylor was right. After talking about it, she did feel a lighter burden lifted off her shoulders and Karlie's words made her even happier than she already was. 

After paying the bill, Karlie noticed a more serious look came across Taylor's face. Without even asking her, Taylor started to clear her throat, wanting to speak. "Babe, I have something to tell you. I have to be in London for the next few days and I want to know if you'd like to come with? No pressure though." A big grin on Taylor's face, deep down hoping Karlie would agree to the trip. 

"You know I'd love to but I have loads of work to do. Plus I can't take any more days off this week. Cause the following week, I'm going back to St. Louis to visit my family. Sorry babe. Forgive me???" As upsetting as that news was to Taylor, she couldn't help but forgive Karlie because of her adorable pout. "Only if you shower me with kisses." Taylor's frown was immediately turned upside down when Karlie did exactly what she was told.

"Does this mean I won't get to see you any more till next week after your trip?" Karlie nodded, just as unhappy as Taylor but she refused to think about that right now and bring their mood down. The thought of not being able to see or hold the younger girl caused Taylor to be more upset than she originally was.

"What if... you came down to St. Louis instead? I mean you don't even have to meet my parents. It's still too soon for that anyway. And no pressure." Karlie waited patiently for a response with a cheerful smile on her face when she proposed the solution to Taylor. When Taylor took longer than expected to answer her, she hesitated, worried if she should have said that. "You know what? Forget I said that. You don't have to fly to St. Louis. It was just a stupid idea I had," said Karlie with a smile still on her face, but slightly dimmer now.

"No no. It's not like that." Taylor paused for a second, grabbing both Karlie's hands into hers. "I was just thinking if I had any work on those days. "Well, though it is a little soon to meet the parents, but I'd love to, if you'll have me there. If not, I'll just see you in St. Louis then?" A giant smirk laid across Taylor's face, happy about the fact that she gets to see her girl sooner than expected in her hometown, where she grew up and spent most of her childhood life. Karlie could be her tour guide, showing her around, telling Taylor all her funny embarrassing stories. Ultimately, she's excited that she gets to know and learn more about Karlie.

Both girls leaned in across the table and kissed with lips meeting in the center. When Taylor's car finally arrived right outside the restaurant's doorstep, Karlie got up from the table first, offering a hand to her girl and led the way to the door, taking charge. She was more prepared this time, putting her shades on first, before stepping out with Taylor in tow. With dozens of paparazzi lining outside, some surrounding Taylor's car, Karlie squeezed Taylor's hand tighter as she walked quickly to the car, ignoring all the flashlights and everyone around them. 

"Where to next, Miss Swift?" The driver called out but didn't get a response. Taylor and Karlie were both too absorbed and distracted by each other that they didn't hear the poor guy. "Oh sorry. We're going back to my place now." Taylor said as she looked at Karlie, tickling her sides.

(Happy reading and hope you guys like it. Don't forget to comment and vote! Have a great day guys!)

Ps: I start classes again next week. NOOOO but hopefully I can write a few chapters in advance right now since I'm feeling motivated. Plus I'm also hyped up on Kaylor at the moment because of recent events ;)