Chapter 3 : The Walk Home.

She felt bad for wasting Simon's valuable time and decided to cut the meeting short. She apologized for being zoned out and told him there was a lot on her mind. Time is needed to clear her head, and regain her focus and she'll reschedule the meeting again soon. 

Simon being one of her close friends for almost four years, patted her shoulder and said that if she ever needed to talk about anything, he would always gladly be there for her. 

After Simon left the room, Taylor stayed back for awhile and continued to sit in her chair. Her eyes closed while sinking her face into her hands, thinking what should she do now. She thought to herself that she can't possibly show up at the animal clinic again without any valid reason or she would need lots of luck if she wishes to bump into Karlie again in the streets of New York. 

All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door and it made her thoughts messier. It was Spencer reminding her that she needs to feed medicine to her cat. The room was almost completely dark now and Taylor asked Spencer what time is it to which he replied half past seven. They both left the recording studio pretty quickly and went back home. 

The next day, not so far from the recording studio where Taylor was at previously, was Karlie's apartment building. She had the day off and didn't have any plans unlike what she told Taylor yesterday. 

Disappointed that she couldn't spend the day getting to know the singer, she decided to open a bottle of her favorite beer and just kick back with a good book on her lazy couch, in nothing but a tank top and loose shorts instead. 

She managed to talk herself out of feeling guilty about lying as she asked her nurse to pass her phone number to Taylor. She figured Taylor would call or text her soon enough about the rain check. 

Karlie's thoughts were disrupted when she heard someone at the door.

Days passed and no contact were made. 

Both girls went on with their usual daily routines. Taylor met up with some of her friends, kept herself busy and Karlie was hard at work like normal. They tried so hard not to think about it and not let it affect them in any way. But failed miserably at doing so. 

At the animal clinic, Karlie casually asked her nurse again if she remembered to pass the note to Taylor. 

She nodded at Karlie and continued doing her work. 

"Well, she must be pretty busy to get back to me. After all, she is Taylor Swift. Her schedule is definitely worst than mine. That must be it." Karlie thought to herself. 

Her next patient came in the examination room and she immediately went back to work mode. 

A few blocks away however, Taylor was having lunch at a trendy new cafe with her close friends, Alison and Sarah way back from high school days. She told them about Karlie and how she wanted to grab coffee or at least her number but got the nurse's number instead. What a bummer. Sarah and Alison are good at giving advice and they have always been there, supporting her. After lunch, both girls said goodbye to Taylor and left as they had other plans later in the evening. Taylor ordered a cup of coffee to go and left pretty soon after.

The weather in New York today was sunny and lovely. So she told Spencer that she would walk back instead, since her place is just a few blocks away. Plus, the walk would help her get some fresh air and allow her to think matters through. As she was walking back home with Spencer a few feet behind, she was delighted that there wasn't even one paparazzi insight and that fact made her day slightly better. 

As she was about to reach her building, something or rather someone caught her eye. She was sitting in a chic cafe that serves great coffee and cakes together. It also happened to be one of Taylor's favorite place to meet up with friends and just hang out. Taylor tapped on the window and it caught the other person's attention. 

She waved and signaled for Taylor to come in. 

"Umm hey stranger, great seeing you here. Am I interrupting anything?," Taylor asked hoping that Karlie was alone and that she could join her. 

"No, not at all. Crazy running into you though. Thought you'd be pretty busy considering you didn't call or text me since that day." Karlie couldn't hold back the disappointed tone in her voice. 

Taylor let out a small laugh and said "Well I would have called sooner if you actually gave me your number in the first place." 

A few seconds later, Taylor finally realized her silly mistake when she misunderstood the actions of the nurse that day. 

When she explained everything to Karlie, both girls laughed hysterically at the same time causing everyone in the cafe to look at them. Their faces were blushing red with embarrassment but they also couldn't be bothered about the others. It's obvious in their faces that they're glad they bumped into each other and cleared things up. 

"Well, next time you should remember to write your name in the note when you're giving someone your number. And your nurse shouldn't wink at me which mislead me to think that she was hitting on me." Taylor said cheekily, looking at Karlie and memorizing her gorgeous smile. 

"She's actually got a boyfriend and they're crazy in love but honestly I wouldn't blame her if she decided to hit on you. I mean, you're crazy beautiful. Who wouldn't?" 

Taylor couldn't stop smiling at Karlie's words. Is the cute doctor actually flirting with her now? 

"So, how about that rain check then? And this doesn't count," Taylor said, winking at Karlie.

(*wink wink* So any follow, comment or vote would be great. Thanks a lot for even reading it!)