Chapter 25: The Square Box.

The hallway was brightly lit. The marble floors were hard and cold. Falling asleep against the door definitely made her body stiff and sore at different places, especially her back and bum. Even with being indoors, it was still super chilly. She wrapped her arms around herself tightly, hoping it would make her feel warmer with whatever article of clothing she had on from the night before. With her eyes completely shut, she shook her head a couple of times and mumbled words that no one would ever understand. After a few seconds, she woke up from her sleep, distressed, clearly just had a nightmare. She sat up straight with her hair all messy in a loose bun. Finally adjusting to the light in the area, she looked around to see where she is at exactly.

Karlie found herself sitting on the floor in front of Taylor's door. Realizing she must have fallen asleep at the door last night, she slowly recalled talking to Taylor through the door, persuading her countless of times to open up. But still, she refused. After wiping away her sweat from the terror she had dreamed not long ago, she looked at her watch and realized it was almost 10 a.m. She had work and she was already late for it but she wasn't going to leave Taylor's place just yet. Not like this at least. She was determined to see Taylor first, face to face before even deciding her next move.

Suddenly, an elevator arrives with its signature ring and a blinking light. Then, a tall man in dark glasses with a long sleeve T-shirt and blue jeans was walking towards Karlie. When he finally approached her, he gave her a hand which startled her for a second. Finally recognizing him as one of Taylor's bodyguards, Karlie took his hand and he helped her get up from the floor.

"Miss, I think you should go home and at least get some rest," the man said.

"I'm sorry but I'm not leaving until I see Taylor first. I need to speak with her," Karlie reasoned.

"I'm sorry but she left early this morning. She told me to get you to leave," the man replied with a bit of pity in his eyes.

"Where did she go? What time will she be back??" Karlie asked, firing away her questions.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you even if I know," the man replied again.

Karlie wanted to push for more information but went against it as she didn't want to get that man in trouble over her mistakes with Taylor. Karlie would have felt worst if that happens. She understood that he was just listening to orders and doing his job. After politely thanking him, she walked away and headed for the elevator, head tilted down slightly. Once she was in the lobby again, she hailed a cab and told the driver her address.

When they arrived, Karlie was so tired and fast asleep that she didn't even noticed they were back at her apartment already. The driver called twice before she woke up, still looking frazzled. She quickly apologized and paid the driver before hopping out. She was surprised with the amount of energy left in her body, she still managed to reach her apartment before passing out. But as soon as she walked through the door, her whole body froze as she saw what was still laid on the table ahead of her. She had totally forgotten about everything that Taylor did and placed on her dining table. The candles that have now turned to wax, the food on the verge of going bad and the bottle of red wine that didn't get the chance to be opened. That sight brought her back to the night that Taylor stormed out of her apartment again and it made her feel like crap. She was sick to her stomach, knowing that she hurt the singer badly and there was nothing she could do. Not at this moment at least.

Not wanting the reminder to constantly haunt her, she immediately dropped her bag and jacket onto the floor before heading over to the table to clean and pack up whatever she could as quickly as possible so she could head to bed in hopes to get some rest. But she doubts she would get any, with everything that happened with Taylor. When she was finally done, she noticed something at the corner of her eye. Something she was sure, didn't belong to her or her apartment. It was a small square box with a red ribbon over it under one of the chairs. It must be Taylor's and it probably dropped out of her bag or something when she rushed out of the apartment that night. So many things ran across Karlie's mind. She slowly walked towards it and picked it up, uncertain and scared of what it might be. Scared that whatever she thought was in the box would make her feel even worst than she already is. Karlie stared at it for a good second before finally having the courage to open it.

When she finally did,   she let out a small gasp but couldn't help to feel a bit relieved also that it wasn't what Karlie had expected. "Thank god," she thought to herself that it wasn't a particular piece of jewelry for her finger. If it was the damage done would be way worse than she thought.

But still what was inside the box made Karlie question every single thing. It was a key and Karlie could only assume that it was a key to Taylor's apartment. Under the cover of the tiny box was Taylor's writing. It said, "Let's move in officially?" She still feels bad especially after learning that the older girl was about to ask if they wanted to move in together. Even though they were technically living together, staying over every night and with each of their stuff at the other person's place.

The only thing that Karlie was sure of right now is that she wouldn't be able to sleep at all. Without putting too much thought into it, she placed the key in her pocket and picked up her belongings from the floor earlier before rushing out the door again with only one destination in mind.

A/N: Short chapter but enjoy! Thanks for reading. Love all the votes and lovely comments. I'm feeling better now. Thanks for asking :)

Also I'll be traveling to the US on the 22nd of April for more than 2 weeks. Probably hitting up San Francisco, NYC and New Orleans. Would be crazy if I happen to meet any of you guys while I'm there haha!