Chapter 9: A Silly Mistake.

The morning sun's bright rays were shining on Karlie's face, waking her up by a minor burning sensation on her skin. She could go back to sleep as she was still slightly sleepy and cozy with Taylor's arms around her. But it was way too glaring and annoying that if Karlie was to go back to sleep, she needed to move to a new spot. Perhaps a bedroom even. Taylor's bedroom. The thought of sleeping in Taylor's bed with comfy soft sheets without the sun facing her is ideal, but when she looked over at Taylor, she couldn't bring herself to wake her up. She was breathtaking, even during sleep. It was so freaking adorable.

Without moving too much and to avoid waking Taylor up, Karlie glanced around the room slowly and noticed the time on the tv. It's only 6.20 a.m. Still too early to get up. She looked over at the other sofa and let out a small involuntary giggle at the sight of Meredith's paws pushing Olivia's face further away from her while sleeping. If only she could reach for her phone to snap a picture of them and show it to Taylor later. She made an effort for it, but before she could reach it someone was one step quicker.

Taylor who's awake by now, grabbed the phone for the younger girl. "Good morning, beautiful." Taylor and Karlie kissed as she said those words. "Here's your..." Before Taylor could continue, Karlie placed a finger on her lips, telling her to be quiet. She then pointed over to the spot which made her giggle moments ago. Taylor's eyes followed suit to the angle where Karlie was pointing to. The sight made her chuckle also. But not as loud as Karlie's. That scenario was one too familiar for Taylor, as she had witnessed it before. Though, it still does crack her up every single time. Taylor turned her attention back to Karlie who was still staring at the two cats. She could gaze at Karlie for hours. But she would rather be using the time for something else and put it to good use instead. Well, actually one particular thing in mind.

"Taylor, your cats are seriously by far the cutest I've ever seen." Karlie said, not breaking away her eyes from the cats. A huge smirk laid across Taylor's face when she heard Karlie said that. "Oh yeah? Well, I can think of something, wait no, someone who's seriously by far the cutest I've ever seen." Taylor said, carefully trying to repeat back all of Karlie's exact words. She quickly sat up and Karlie was stunned for a moment, trying to understand what was going on and think what Taylor's about to do. "Come on. It's way too early to be this awake. Let's go to my bedroom." Taylor offered Karlie a hand to get up from the sofa and she gladly obliged. Interlocking their hands together, the older girl then leads the way to the bedroom and once they both got in, to avoid any other distractions, mainly from her cats, Taylor sneakily closed the door behind her. It's safe to say they didn't get much sleeping done either.

It's now half past 10 a.m when Karlie realized how late she was for work, immediately rushing out of bed and putting all her clothes on. The little noises she made while searching for her clothes awoke Taylor up from slumber. Her eyes were still sleepy, trying hard to focus her gaze on Karlie. Puzzled for a moment, she asked Karlie what's the rush. "Babe I'm so late for work, I have lots of things to do at the clinic today." Karlie spoke as she was looking under the bed for her shoes. Then she remembered she took them off and placed it near the sofa yesterday.

Taylor knew it was selfish of her to ask Karlie to stay a bit longer even though the poor girl was already late for work anyways. Deep down, she knew Karlie would love to stay too if it weren't for her responsibilities. Taylor knew what she had to do to get the younger girl to stay. She quickly moved to the other side of the bed where Karlie was at and pulled her back into their nest, seductively. It was too hot that Karlie gave in and was now straddling Taylor who's still naked, hands running up and down Karlie's sides.

To be honest, she found it endearing that Taylor wants her to stay longer and would love to also. But she really needed to go to work. So she tricked Taylor and waited for her to go back to sleep. Once the coast is clear, Karlie quickly tiptoed out of the bedroom and into the kitchen where she left a note for Taylor.

Two hours later, Taylor woke up to an empty space next to her. When she scanned her entire room, none of Karlie's things was in sight. She swiftly grabbed pieces of clothing that's nearest to her, an oversized shirt, and her shorts from the previous night. Walking around her place, she finally found a sweet little note from Karlie on the counter. It reads

"Sorry, baby. Didn't want to wake you up. You looked so peaceful. And it's the only way I could leave without you pulling me back into bed. *insert wink* Text me when you're awake." xoxo Karlie

Taylor couldn't stop smiling after reading Karlie's note. She couldn't contain herself and thought why should she. She hadn't felt this great in a while and certainly deserved to be happy, with Karlie.

She knew Karlie asked to text when she's awake, but the older girl wanted to hear Karlie's voice. So she decided to call instead. After precisely two rings, Karlie picked up. "Hey, sleepy head. Miss me yet?" Karlie said as she was trying to hold back her chuckle. "You've no idea how much I miss you right now. How's work and what time do you get off?" Taylor asked, wanting to know how soon can she see Karlie again. "Babe, you're gonna laugh at me when you hear this." Karlie continued, soon explaining her silly mistake. "So I got to the clinic and it was closed, which made me realize that it was a Sunday, not Monday." A huge laughter broke out. It was slightly mean, but it did, however, make Karlie smile like a fool. "Well then, that's great news," Taylor cheered. Karlie didn't have to see it with her own eyes to know that Taylor was definitely smirking on the other end of the line.

(As promised here's the next chapter. Happy reading! This is by far one of the longest I've ever written so hope you guys enjoyed it. Don't forget to vote and leave a comment below. I might not be writing complete fluff anymore and don't know exactly when the next update will be but hopefully not too long. Have a great day guys!)