Chapter 11: A Heavy Sigh.

It was 5 a.m, still en route to London, in her private jet. Taylor looked out her window, nothing but dark clouds. There was a small empty feeling inside her, missing someone terribly. Thank god for the in-flight wifi that gave her the opportunity to talk to her girl before she heads to bed. It was 12 a.m in New York. She knew it was way past Karlie's bed time and the poor girl loves her sleep a lot. But she wanted to see her girl's face and hear her voice. She quickly turned on her laptop and went on Skype. To her surprise, Karlie was still awake, waiting for her to wake up and call.

"Incoming call from Karlie K." Taylor quickly accepts the video call. "Hey baby. Why aren't you asleep yet?" Taylor asked concerned, even though she's delighted Karlie hasn't slept yet. "I'm in bed right now but I can't sleep. Someone's missing." Karlie said jokingly to Taylor. "I know, me too. I couldn't sleep well. I'm so used to you being by my side." Both girls now sulking. Distance and responsibilities keeping them apart. "4 more days babe. Then I'll be in St. Louis." Taylor tried to put on her best smile for Karlie, making the situation feel less depressing. "How bout you lay next to your laptop, maybe it'll feel like I'm right next to you?" Karlie agrees and tried doing so.

After spending about 30 minutes talking, laughing about everything from Taylor's London trip, her cats to Karlie's day at work, she finally fell asleep. Taylor couldn't help but take a few screenshots of her baby giraffe sleeping while hugging a pillow as if it was Taylor. She left her laptop on, sat in her chair and tried to get some sleep also.

An hour and a half later, her plane landed in Heathrow Airport. "Taylor, Taylor. Time to get up." Tree said as she gently tapped Taylor's hand. She finally got some well-deserved sleep after talking to Karlie but it was too short. "Tree? What time is it?" Taylor asked, after letting out a yawn, with her eyes still half closed. "It's half past 7. Bags have been loaded into the car and we're going to the hotel now." Tree said as she walked towards the exit door of the plane and Taylor followed in her tracks after packing everything into her bag and laptop in the other hand, held against her chest.

As soon as she stepped out of the plane, she breathes in a heavy sigh, dreading this trip. It wasn't entirely because she missed Karlie. She was also afraid that she would bump into someone she didn't want to see. The thought alone was enough to make her mad. She got into her car and quickly put on her headphones to listen to the playlist that Karlie had made for her on this trip. All the songs on the playlist reminded her of Karlie and it was amazing how thoughtful the younger girl was. Taylor's thoughts and worries drifted away instantly. She thought she would close her eyes for a while and get some more rest on the way to the hotel.

When they arrived, Taylor was greeted by an unpleasant company, dozens of paparazzi outside her hotel. She was frustrated, clearly not in the mood for any of this right now. Tree noticed a change in Taylor's mood, quickly asked the driver to use the back entrance instead. "How do they know where I'm staying every damn time?" Taylor flipped both of her hands up in the air, annoyed that the paparazzis can't give her a break and some space.

"I shouldn't have come here," Taylor said, pissed off as she entered the room with Tree behind her. At this point, she couldn't care less about everything else and just dropped all her belongings on the floor, heading straight for the bed, falling flat on it. "I know you hate it, but hang in there. It's only a few days. Then you're off to St. Louis. Just remember that." Tree said in a soft voice, filled with pity. She gave Taylor a pat on the shoulder and said "Try to get some rest, I'll come back later to see how you're doing," before leaving the suite.

[5 hours later]

A phone was vibrating on the bedside table next to Taylor. She fiddled around before getting a firm grip on it. Without even looking twice, she answered the FaceTime call, knowing for sure who it was.

"Hey baby! I was just..." Karlie stopped talking halfway when she realized Taylor was rubbing her eyes, just waking up from her sleep. "Oh crap, did I walk you up? I'm so sorry. I didn't know." Karlie's voice was soft and light like butter, soothing to ears, almost innocent like. "Don't worry babe. Your beautiful face and voice make up for it. Besides, I probably need to get up soon and get ready myself. Gosh, seeing you right now, it's making me feel way better." It was true, though. Taylor was really feeling better, smiling ear to ear, unlike before. "I'm glad I could be of service," Karlie said, winking at Taylor. Her voice was melting all over Taylor, comforting her like a hug, that's badly needed right now.

"But what got you into a bad mood? And how was your flight?" Karlie asked, multitasking with one hand holding her phone, talking to her favorite person and the other busy with some house chore. "The flight was alright. I was feeling a bit tired and when I got to my hotel, there were lots of paparazzi. I just didn't have the mood to deal with that. But enough about me. How's your morning? I miss you so much!" Taylor who was eager to change the topic, didn't want to talk about her drama anymore, afraid she might fall back into a sour mood.

"Aww, I miss you too! You've no idea how much. Pretty good morning so far. I slept better after our last video call, thanks to you. I just wanted to see your cute little face before work. And... I'm about to take a shower now." As she said that, Karlie started undressing, clothes sliding off her body effortlessly like silk, falling onto the floor, teasing Taylor seductively with every move she makes.

"God Karlie, I swear you're killing me right now. I think I'm about to have a heart attack." Karlie chuckled, knowing her actions was painfully killing the older girl on the inside. But she couldn't help it. She missed Taylor just as much.

(Are you guys sick of my regular updates yet? Hahaha! I may have a pretty clear idea of where all this is heading. I have lots of thoughts right now and I'm gonna write as much as I can first. Don't forget to comment below and vote! Thanks in advance and have a great day guys!)

ALL HAIL KAYLOR HAHA