Chapter 13: A Massive Hangover.

Over at Chiltern Firehouse, one of the trendiest eateries in London, the trio, Taylor, Ed and Selena were having a great time over dinner. The place was packed as usual. But Taylor got a private room at the back where they are allowed privacy and absolutely no interruptions. Everything was perfect. The food was exquisite alongside great conversations. Taylor was in great company. It was a smart distraction and she didn't think about how much she misses Karlie also.

At one point in their conversation, Ed nudged Selena and looked over to Taylor's direction. Ed being the shy one sometimes decided it was better if Selena asked Taylor about the new girl she has been seeing lately. "Hey Taylor, so who's that new girl you've been seeing? And when can we meet her?" Selena asked with a curious smile. Taylor grinned and started talking about Karlie. "I met her through Olivia." Ed and Selena's heads quickly turned to look at each other. For a second there, they were so confused but didn't speak at all, waiting for a better explanation.

Upon seeing their confused look, Taylor continued, "Olivia was sick one day and my regular vet was out of town. So I was recommended to Karlie's clinic instead. And that's how we met, thanks to Olivia." Taylor lets out another chuckle. This story never gets old and telling it each time has that effect on her, remembering that day and the funny memories.

Ed and Selena laughed after hearing Taylor's unique story and asked more questions about Karlie, eager to know more about the blonde that has been making Taylor so happy these days. Halfway through her stories, Taylor received a phone call. She looked at it with delight. "Speak of the devil," Taylor said as she showed her phone to her two best friends. She then excused herself and accepted the call.

"Hey, babe. I was just talking about you. And I'm missing you terribly." Taylor said with her sweet little voice. "Missing you also baby. What did you say and who did you talk to about me?" Karlie more curious now than ever, forgetting for a moment her real reason for calling. "Oh I was just telling my two best friends Ed and Selena that you're an amazing girl and I loved spending all my time with you. That's pretty much it. We should all hang out together someday. They'll love you just as much as I do." Suddenly the phone went dead silent. Both realized what has just been said. Karlie overheard Taylor muttering faint words to herself saying, "Damn it, Taylor! You just said you loved her, on the phone. Can't you use your words carefully and waited till you get back?"

Karlie thought it was extremely endearing, hearing Taylor talking to herself, without knowing Karlie can hear every single word she said. She felt the same way for Taylor also and she can't wait when Taylor says it to her again in person, face to face. "Did you just?" Karlie didn't finish her sentence but she didn't need to. The line was silent again. "You just said you loved me!" Karlie exclaimed, overjoyed with the fact. She teased Taylor for a bit till Taylor protested and resulted to saying "lalalalalalala," in a childlike voice, to drown out the sound of Karlie making fun of her. Both girls let out a laugh after, in unison.

"Okay, okay. Jokes aside, I have something to tell you. That's one of the reasons why I called, besides missing you and wanting to hear your voice." Karlie said, hesitating in between words, with her soft delicate voice.

"What is it babe?" Taylor by now felt a tinge of worry in her head, thinking if more bad news was coming her way, considering Karlie's tone.

"It's not really a big deal. I just bumped into my ex today. Well, technically speaking she came over to the clinic and I didn't even know about it. She moved here from St. Louis last week. I wanted you to hear it from me first. And... we're gonna grab coffee together one day, to catch up."

Karlie's honesty was so refreshing. It was unlike any other person Taylor dated in the past. This made Taylor trust her even more than before. "Karlie, baby, relax. It's okay. You're right, it isn't a big deal. She's just an ex. And don't get me wrong babe. I'm glad you told me about it but I trust you completely."