Chapter 28: Touch down in Cape Town

Side note: It's probably best to re-read the previous chapter before reading this. Hope yall enjoy it. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"All set babe?"

Karlie called out but there wasn't an answer. She tried again, this time a little louder.

"Babe??" Karlie said as she walked up the stairs, heading to the bedroom.

"Just a sec. I'm in the closet."

Karlie giggled at the pun.

When she got to the closet, she saw Taylor bent over, still busy packing her clothes and some last-minute items.

"You're still packing? 

"I just have some extra items to bring with me. As always, overpacking is better than underpacking."

"I think you've gone past overpacking," said Karlie, surrounded by suitcases.

Arriving at the private terminal, the luggage was loaded into the plane and they jetted off swiftly after.

Some 13 hours later...

Karlie and Taylor arrived at their secluded two-story villa overlooking the ocean. The view was breathtaking, to say the least, and they were just in time for the sunset.

They shared a moment together but got interrupted when Karlie's pocket started to buzz. 

It was an unknown caller. She answered. 

Taylor kept quiet and waited, patiently.

"They found her. I'm gonna call for a cab," Karlie said.

"Don't be foolish babe. My driver can take you to her."

"Text me okay? I love you."

"I love you too, said Karlie before closing the door behind her.

A few hours passed after receiving Karlie's text since leaving the villa.

In it, Karlie only mentioned her location and promised she would be back soon.

Getting restless, she decided to call for her driver and meet up with Karlie.

As the car approaches the last location Karlie was dropped off, dozens of wild thoughts crept into the singer's mind. 

Looking at the sign, it read The Raddisson Hotel. She figured she would wait around the lobby, hoping Karlie would appear soon.

As she was trying to settle in her seat with a cup of tea, a few men dressed in security uniforms were seen dashing across the hotel lobby, as a commotion ensued.

Intrigued by it, Taylor stood up and tried to peek from afar.

A familiar voice spoke out.

It was Karlie.

With another striking blonde, presumably Toni.

"Why can't we work things out?"

"What does she have that I don't?"

"Calm down, Toni."

"I don't care! I want you! I need you!" 

Toni screamed. 

The model was in tears.

Karlie walked up to her and gave her a hug. Security tried dispersing the crowd and Taylor left, not wanting Karlie to notice her.

"I'm sorry, Toni. I can't," Karlie whispered, still embracing the model tightly as she continued weeping.

On the ride back, Taylor's mind couldn't help but notice how stressful Karlie was.

She just wants what's best for her girlfriend.

Realizing she hasn't unpacked yet, she left a note and departed Cape Town.