Chapter 5: The Best Surprise.

Taylor noticed the time and quickly asked the waiter for the bill. She insisted on paying for everything even though Karlie put up a great fight. But in the end, no doubt Taylor won that fight. "So do you do this often?" Karlie asked as Taylor was signing the receipt with the waiter standing close by. "Do what?" Taylor said while looking confused. "Invite all your vets out for lavish meals and paying everything for them?" Karlie said as she waited patiently for her answer, secretly hoping that she's the only special one that got this type of treatment from the singer. "Only the special ones that I really like." Taylor winks at her, causing a huge red blush across her face. Taylor asked if Karlie was ready to leave to which she smiled and nodded back. Before leaving, they said their goodbyes to Leon and thanked him. They also couldn't help but compliment him on his exquisite dishes. 

By now a swarm of paparazzi that had been tipped off earlier, are gathered outside the cafe and making it extremely hard for the girls to make their way to the car without being pushed violently as they were exiting. They finally managed to enter the car safely after Leon along with Taylor's driver and bodyguard formed a circle around the girls, protecting them from the paps. Once inside the car, Karlie saw Taylor's frustrated response and asked her what's wrong. "Nothing. It's just that I hate having to go through that sometimes and I certainly didn't want any of that commotion today when I'm with you. It kinda kills the mood and spoils the fun." Taylor looked down to her lap as she explained to Karlie. The taller girl was over the moon when she noticed how much Taylor cared for her and her feelings.

"Hey, it's okay. Despite that, I know it's gonna be a good day with a great ending. Don't let them ruin the day for us." Karlie gave Taylor a smile and a big hug before continuing, "Now what's the surprise? The wait is killing me", as she nudged Taylor's arm. Both girls let out a giggle and Taylor signaled her driver to head to their next destination. Taylor then tied her scarf around Karlie's eyes to blindfold her so she would have no clue as to where they were heading.

Karlie played out all the possibilities in her head. She then noticed the car coming to a complete stop and the sound of Taylor's driver getting out of the car. When the door opened, she heard a loud atmosphere around her and the sound of waves crashing in and out. As soon as she stepped out of the car, Taylor took off the blindfold. It took Karlie a few seconds to adjust to the brightness of the location and register where they're at exactly. "Welcome to Coney Island! I thought it'd be fun to bring you to a carnival." The shorter girl shouted in excitement. "Oh my god." That's all Karlie said with the biggest smile on her face that anyone has ever seen. She went on to give Taylor one of the biggest hugs too. 

With so little time and plenty of things to do, Taylor quickly grab the other girl's hand and ran towards the first thing that caught her attention. The ferris wheel. When Karlie finally realized what was Taylor running to, she stopped her tracks and pulled Taylor back causing a moment of confusion. "What's the matter?" Karlie didn't answer the question and instead just look at how high the ferris wheel is. After realizing where Karlie was looking, Taylor grabbed her hand again. Tighter this time. "It's okay. I'm here. Do you trust me?" Taylor gave her a reassuring smile and it loosened Karlie up a little bit. All she could do at that moment was smile back and nod at Taylor. 

They managed to cut the long queue and got to the front of the line within seconds. And the next thing Karlie knew, they were inside the ferris wheel, reaching the highest point and it stopped there for a solid 3 minutes. Somehow she lost all her anxiety when she saw Taylor still gripping tightly onto her hand. Taylor was completely at awe and consumed with the view till she noticed how silent Karlie was. She looked back at her and finally noticed her hand still gripping Karlie's. The two girls held their gaze onto each other till one of them finally broke it. Knowing she couldn't keep her feelings inside anymore, Taylor leaned in for a kiss and it awoke every fiber in Karlie's being. Everything else in the world didn't seem to matter at that moment and time just stood still. When Taylor finally broke the kiss, it got Karlie absolutely speechless, taking a second to realize what had just happened. "Best surprise ever", said Karlie with a strong red blush that was starting to form around her cheeks. 

For the rest of the remaining time left up in the ferris wheel, they just look at the view around them. "Hey, in case I forget to say this later, I just wanna thank you for today. I've only been in New York for 6 months and I've never actually been here before." The taller girl said, not breaking eye contact with Taylor. "Well I'm glad I got to be your personal tour guide for today." Taylor who smiled shyly, then reached in her pocket for her phone and snapped a picture of them surrounded by the amazing view.

As they stepped off the ferris wheel, they were both too caught up with each other to have noticed what was about to happen in front of them. Dozens of young girls screaming, clearly big fans of Taylor rushed pass the barricade and was a few feet away from both girls. In an instinct, Karlie grabbed the other girl's hand and ran the opposite direction as fast as they could with all the energy that they have. Finally losing sight of the girls, they decided to hide at the back of an unused stage to rest. With so much rush of adrenaline left in her body, Karlie leaned in to kiss the shorter girl. Knowing that they should get out of there quickly, Karlie whispers into her ear, "You should call your driver now."

A huge sigh of relief appeared across both their faces when Taylor's driver and bodyguard finally came to the rescue and they all managed to leave without being recognized or chased after. In the car, they replayed back all the events that had happened and there wasn't a single moment of silence. Once they arrived back at Karlie's clinic, it was clear that both girls didn't want to be apart but Karlie had responsibilities and at the time she hated it. Taylor was already missing the other girl even though she's still sitting right in front of her. Both girls went in slowly for yet another kiss and this time it was more intense. "I don't want to leave, but I have to. When am I seeing you again?" Karlie said in between kisses and showed her signature pout after. "Tonight too soon?" Taylor whispered to Karlie as her grin grew wider.

(Appreciate any comment, vote or follow. I finally reached 1k views. Thank you guys so much. I still need improvement on my writing but thanks for reading it though. Have a great day.)