Alive AU: Fault

On a lovely afternoon, a couple was strolling in the park. They were having a wonderful time until they realized they had to buy food for breakfast. "Vince, we need to go to the shops. We've ran out of food." William said. "Alright, let's go," the blond haired man replied.

Once they arrived at the shop, they bought some fresh fruits, bread, waffles and milk for the children. "I think this is enough for tomorrow," the brown haired man added. They went to the checking out section and payed. William was skipping happily while Vincent was walking smiling at him. He was holding a shopping bag in his arms.

He was too distracted of his husband and didn't realize the car that was speeding past.

...

"Vincent! Oh my gosh!" William shouted. "Darling, are you alright?"

He quickly dialed the ambulance and after a few minutes, they arrived. Vincent was immediately rushed to the hospital. Tears were already starting to form in his blue eyes.

______________Time Skip___________

The browned haired man was sitting outside his husband's hospital room with his hands in his face. He had to constantly wipe his tears with the back of his hand.

"Fuck..." William thought.

His mind was racing. The scene of his husband being crashed by a car was replaying over and over again. It never left his head.

"I could have pushed him away," he said under his breath. "It's all my fault."

Suddenly, a comforting hand touched his shoulder. "Father, it's not your fault," his eldest son said. William still thought it was his fault.

"It is," he said back to his son. "It's all my fault. If I pushed him away, nothing would have happened."

Michael (his eldest) looked at his father and said, "Even if you pushed him away, you would probably be in Vincent's position and he would be in yours."

"I should have been the one," William said. His tears were flowing out of control now. His son passed his shoulder. "He'll be fine, I promise," Michael said. The father and son looked at each other. One with a comforting smile and the other with a small smile.
_____________End________________

Do you think Vincent will be okay? Or will VinLiam be gone forever in this AU? Hope you enjoyed :)