Chapter Two: Saving the Heir

"You there!" A fierce growl emanated somewhere from her left.

She blinked, turning in the direction of the voice. "...Yes?"

This one was wearing a military style, thick coat with armored shoulder pads that was embedded with corrupted, ancient magic. His helmet was imbued with power too. She could see black smoke constantly leaking out of the cursed armor and knew immediately that this was a high-ranking goblin.

Bollocks.

"Yes, Sir." The goblin grabbed the collar of her clothes, watching him note that she was a lower ranking nobody with no ounce of cursed metal on her persons, "You're that new guy, aren't you? I thought we told you to change the chamberpots in the dungeon."

Double bollocks. However... That was a great excuse to have her in the dungeons with no suspicion. She hid her smile, knowing that no one in their right mind would be excited about chamberpots.

She nodded, "Yes, Sir. Chamberpots-Headed there now."

The goblin in charge let her go with a scowl on his face. He walked past her, purposefully hitting her shoulder as he walked past, and causing her to flinch. Glad to know they were arseholes to their own brethren.

Heading towards the dungeons that Dinah had laid out for her earlier, she followed the map in her mind down several levels, and was pleased to see that no one paid her any attention. Being a metamorphmagus really did have its perks sometimes.

The stench of death hit her as she walked down the last flight of stairs onto cobblestone that was slick with water.

Wait.

Her eyebrows furrowed, smelling the rusty scent in the air. That wasn't water. This dungeon was covered in blood.

Did they already kill Ominis Gaunt?

Chapter Two: Saving the Heir

She walked down the dingy corridor, noting that on either side of her were cells. Barbaric cells that held either pieces of someone or were entirely empty. There was a torch on the wall every few feet in between the holdings. It was a mistake to look too closely into the cells because in one of them held two hands clasping each others. One larger than the other. A man and a woman. Her heart throbbed painfully and Gracie shook her head.

They shouldn't have made it so easy to get caught... But at the beginning stages of the War; no one expected the goblins to be so powerful. One day she was studying, the next the British Minister for Magic had been executed, and everyone was evacuating.

"Ah, you must be the chamberpot lackey I've been hearing so much about." An aristocratic voice drawled to her left, opposite of the lover's cell, "Well I hate to complain about the hospitality, but you haven't given me anything to eat or drink in the last 36 hours so my pot is empty. Feel free to put together a dish of roasted lamb or maybe duck. I fancy both."

Gracie raised an eyebrow, "Dinah said to find the plans and rescue you, but if food is all you want; I can certainly leave you here."

He walked forward into the light and was met with a tall, blond wizard. Surprise was etched across his face and she could see that his brown dragon leather attire was ripped and torn in a few spots. They'd beaten him before bringing him down into his cell. If that wasn't enough of an indication, the bruises on his jaw and his swelling eye were visibly noticeable.