Chapter Seventy: Back Home - Mature Read

Gracie glanced over to see Sebastian looking a war with himself. His lips were pressed in a thin line as he glanced at the fire and towards the exit door.

"What is it?" Anxiety pooled in her stomach, "Is something wrong?"

"I'm going to go catch something for dinner. Are you going to be safe in here?" His eyebrows furrowed and he rubbed his jaw. "I don't want to leave you alone, but you need to rest and stay out of the cold."

"You also need to rest. You took the Cruciatus Curse as if it was a stinging hex. Isn't your body sore?"

A naughty smile rose on his lips, "Not as sore as you're going to be tonight. Conjure us something warm to lay on tonight, I'll be back with dinner."

Gracie didn't want him to go, but they did need something to eat before getting some rest tonight. Still, she couldn't help feeling like he was going to leave, and never come back.

"Be careful." She murmured, her voice revealing how uncomfortable she was with him leaving her alone. Even for a minute.

Sebastian winked, "I'll be quick, shortcake." He smiled, "I love you."

Gracie smiled back, "I'm yours."

He did remember her favorite dessert after all. Understanding and lust bloomed in his eyes, but adoration quickly followed. He flickered his eyes to her abdomen.

"You both are. Keep our daughter safe."

"Always."

Chapter Seventy: Back Home - Mature Read

Gracie dissipated the smell of cooked fish with a simple wave of her wand. Sebastian looked as if he'd rather take the Cruciatus Curse again than eat the sliver of fish of his plate.

"Eat the dried meat." Gracie passed the satchel over to him with a roll of her eyes. "I'm not eating all the fish, but I'll have some."

She remembered thirty minutes ago when he came in with a fish half the size of him. He'd been grinning like a caveman, entirely proud of his 'fishing.' What he considered 'fishing' was spotting the largest creature while on the rocky cliffs and lifting it out of the water with a levitation charm. He forgot that he'd have to eat the fish too which he disliked a lot. They shared the salad and bread, but he snacked on the dried meat while she ate the fish.

It was ugly and she didn't exactly want to eat it with the head still staring at her as it roasted over the fire. The Antarctic tooth fish was massive. It could feed them for days, but she had no intentions of being here that long. There were only so many places the creature could be hiding, but this island is where the 'x' had been on the map.

"So..." Gracie sat on top of the mass of blankets she'd conjured. It was already warm with the fire. The blankets were mostly to be cozy when they slept tonight. "Care to enlighten me why you're convinced we're having a daughter?"

Sebastian beamed at the thought, completely forgetting his woes over the cooked fish in front of him, "Whenever I slept, I never dreamt of my parents. It was of this nursery. The walls were green and you were painting a Quidditch pitch on the wall."

"How did you know it was me?"

"That scarlet hair of yours, shortcake. It's why I was so confused at first, wondering if you dyed your hair before remembering that you're a metamorphmagus." He explained easily, sending her another apologetic look to which she ignored. Gracie wanted to move past it. Her Sebastian was back. "I looked at the crib in the nursery and saw a baby girl. She had your eyes and freckles that reminded me of Anne."