Chapter Fifty One: Tortured

His smirk turned into a grin, "Wait here, shortcake. I think the pissed cook over there is bringing out desserts."

She nodded, feeling a rush of heat flood her cheeks as Sebastian pressed a kiss to her forehead before walking away. She watched his back as he drifted through the crowd, thankful she wouldn't have to shove her way through the crowd. With time to kill, she started to people watch. A lot of men and women alike were drunk and she swore that a couple sitting down down across the room was actually having discrete sex.

This was far more entertaining than the first class saloon could ever be. Gracie waited for him, though the last ten minutes were anxiety inducing as she hoped that no one would approach her. She saw a few looks thrown her way, but none of the Muggles came her way. Sebastian had come back, holding two goblets with something frothy coming out of it. It was only when he repealed the Muggle-Repelling charm did she understand why no one approached her. Brute.

"What's this?" She asked, taking the metal cup from him, and sniffing.

He laughed to himself, remembering an encounter that he was quick to explain to her, "That's what I tried to ask. I don't have your memory to repeat exactly what the lad said, but he started repeating the recipe at me. 'Take a pint a cream 'n rub a loaf-fugar on the outfide of the lemon, and fweeten it to your tafte' he told me. He said 'take a glafs of Maderia wine, or French brandy and mill it to a froth.' Based on that, I think it's Solybubbe."

"Syllabub." Gracie realized, remembering it from a dessert book she'd read one day when she was bored. "It's a confectionary from Britain—sweet cream is curdled over alcohol. Typically a wine or cider."

"Of course you have a section in there for dessert." Sebastian mused darkly, shaking his head. "If you don't like it, I'll drink it."

Gracie raised an eyebrow at that, "Sweets and Alcohol? There's never been a more perfect combination."

"I beg to differ."

"How so?"

"Me and you." He smirked, nudging her lightly, "Try it, sugar cube."

She did and the moment the taste hit her tongue, she knew she was in trouble. Gracie didn't plan on only having one. How could she with the way the sweet wine warmed her up? She brought the cup to her lips, downing half the drink with ease.

Sebastian was definitely going to have to carry her back.

Chapter Fifty One: Tortured - Sebastian's POV

He eyed the short girl, watching as a brilliant smile spread across her lips while she clapped to the band playing. The solybubbe was cold in his hand, but he hadn't taken more than a sip considering she was on her fourth one. This was going to be her last if she was already this inebriated.

His shortcake was a lightweight. How adorable.

"We should dance!" Gracie turned to him, grabbing his free hand.

Sebastian pulled her against him, draping his arm around her lower back. "You look as if you're going to topple over, sugar cube. Why don't we head back to the room?"

A flirty smile appeared, effortlessly causing his heart to beat faster as it always did when she looked at him. "We can do that later." Her smile faltered, "Are you not having fun?"