Chapter Eighty One: Peace

Fourth Year.

Ominis patted his back as Sebastian let out a heart-wrenching sob. The noise echoed amidst the Undercroft and the tears splattered against the stone floor. His fingers dug into the cold stone as heartache wracked through his body.

"We'll figure things out. We'll find a cure for Anne. It's you and me."

Sebastian sniffed, embarrassed and vulnerable as he stared at the boy in front of him. "Promise?"

Ominis grinned, "Promise."

Fifth Year.

Ominis bent down and placed a white orchid against the gravestone. He had a blank look on his face as Sebastian approached him, almost timidly. He didn't know what to say.

I'm sorry?

I wasn't there but if I was...?

Nothing felt right or authentic.

Ominis ended up speaking first. His voice a choked whisper, revealing how distraught he felt without showing it on his face. "We'll figure things out. We'll save everyone else, won't we?"

Sebastian nodded solemnly. "It's you and me."

"Promise?"

He reached for the blind wizard's shoulder, squeezing it. "Promise."

It's you and me.

It's you and me.

It's you and me.

It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me. It's you and me.

Tears splattered onto Ominis' cheek. An unbearable agony was rippling through him and he didn't even realize he was screaming until Ominis' armor was against his cheek. Please, please, please, please, please, please. No. Please. This can't be. This can't be how it ends.

His best friend was cold.

His best friend was dead.

His best friend would never have the opportunity to be the favorite uncle.

Chapter Eighty One: Peace