Chapter Twenty: The Naughty Linguist

"That would take ten hours, twenty with how short you are." Sebastian took a step towards her to which she automatically took a step back, "Gracie, we're not fucking walking."

"Language." She looked around, "What about one of those new—"

"No. We're Apparating. Take my hand." Sebastian sad curtly to which she bristled. Little did he know she was completely in agreement with him from the beginning. From the twisted smile on her face, he knew. An exasperated huff escaped him and when she looked up, he was glaring down at her, but there was no real malice in it this time. "You are the bane of my existence. You know that, don't you?"

Her smile grew. "Am I that important to you? Shame. You are quite..." Her eyes trail down from his face to his thighs before sliding back up. "Forgettable."

A derisive grin plastered across his face, but he said nothing as she placed her hand in his. Sebastian tugged on her hand, causing her to lose her balance, and she steading herself with a hand on his chest. Gracie felt Sebastian lean down, his breath tickling her ear.

"Shortcake, nothing about me is forgettable. And given the chance..." His free hand slid down from its spot at the top of her waist down towards her hip where it threatened not to stop. "...I could create quite the memorable experience for you. One that would leave you reluctant to get out of bed in the morning..."

Gracie raised her eyebrows as she reached back, and stopped his hand from drifting to her arse. "Not interested. Are you going to Apparate or am I?"

"I think you're very interested." Sebastian laughed quietly, his voice almost throaty from the blatant lust keeping the air between them charged, "You just won't admit it to yourself. Yet."

Before she could retort with some snarky remark, Sebastian tightened his grip slightly, and Apparated them the far distance. The city around them was likely beautiful. She hadn't had a chance yet to see. Instead, her gaze was caught by Sebastian's. The sound around them became muffled by the blood rushing in her ears. Her heart was beating wildly as Sebastian's forefinger lilted her chin up. He broke their heated exchange as his eyes drifted down to her lips. Sebastian looked at her like she was an oasis in the middle of a desert and he was desperate to live.

He leaned down slightly and she could feel his breath fanning across her. For a moment, she wondered what he tasted like. Why did she want to know?

The corner of Sebastian's lip curled up because she hadn't moved away yet. He was daring her not to. To let him continue his descent and finally quell the tension that had been raging the last few weeks between them in the train cart. Her gaze grew hooded as his hands slid down her waist.

Sebastian shifted, moving to close the distance.

This was it.

He was going to kiss her.

Chapter Twenty: The Naughty Linguist

Gracie backed up, sending Sebastian a warning look. "No thanks. I'm not interested in taking the apple."

"Are you still comparing me to Satan in your head?" Sebastian remarked with a wry smirk. He was clearly messing with her because as soon as the connection between them broke, he bit his lip to keep from laughing at her. "Because if you haven't noticed yet, I'm worse. I never belonged with the angels to start."