Chapter Six: Deal with the Devil

"Sweets."

The wizard turned around partially, still standoffish. "Sweets?" He echoed.

Gracie nodded, "Seven countries, seven creatures, seven desserts. You're paying for all of it."

His lip quirked up and the rage in his eyes cooled down to simmering amusement, "You'll hunt down the creatures with me on the basis that I buy you dessert from each one of these countries?"

She nodded, letting go of him as if his robe burned her, and didn't look at him. Instead she stared off to the side where the runes were taunting her. "And if I want seconds, I'll get it."

"If it means I can save my people, you can have as much cake as your little cold heart desires." Sebastian turned around fully now, but took off the black glove on his right hand, "But I need a little insurance that you won't go back on your word, shortcake."

Her eyes narrowed, "I said that I'll help."

The dark wizard in front of her smirked, but his demeanor now was exceedingly cold. There wasn't any emotion in his eyes and he stared down at her like she was fresh prey. "If you want me to believe you, then you'll make me a promise. An unbreakable promise."

Gracie's eyes flickered down to his hand, "You want me to make an Unbreakable Vow with you?"

"Dinah will be the binder for the Vow." Sebastian slid his gaze over to the woman who nodded in agreement before settling his challenging look on her, "What do you say?"

"I say that you're an idiot for even proposing this idea." Gracie reached forward, grabbing his wrist just as his was able to wrap his hand around hers, "And I'm a bigger idiot for agreeing."

Sebastian's smile reminded her of the serpent in the Garden of Eden having convinced Eve to eat the apple. Whatever he was offering, she'd just accepted it. His voice was low and seductive, but pleased in having convinced her to join him.

"Good girl."

Chapter Six: Deal with the Devil

Gracie and Sebastian stood with Dinah in between them. If someone had told her yesterday that she was not only going to turn down the American position, but rescue a blind wizard, translate runes that spoke of an incredibly dangerous weapon, and make an unbreakable vow with a smug, devilish, Scottish brute... She'd have laughed. She'd have called the person mad and walked away.

"Will you, Gracie Hunt, help Sebastian Sallow to the best of your ability as he attempts to slay the seven creatures of the world that will make a powerful weapon; the likes of which you've never seen before?"

Her head tilted, smiling ironically. Sebastian's eyes narrowed as a single strand of the binding vow left Dinah's wand, and extended its way around their hands, "I will."

"And will you, Sebastian Sallow, to the best of your ability protect her from harm?"

"I will." He said curtly.

They all watched as a second strand of the vow coiled around them tighter, cold to the touch before the magic dissipated.

"It's been done." Dinah said simply, placing her wand back in her dress pocket. "When do you both intend to start the search?"

Hiraeth | Sebastian Sallow Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें