Chapter Fifteen: All Serpents Go to Heaven

The room was minimalist and simple and she didn't gaze around much for the sake of privacy. Sebastian, on the other hand, walked in first as if he owned the place.

"Not much of an interior decorator, are you?" He reflected, eyes falling on a desk where a brown leather-bound journal sat. "Is this your ancestors journal?"

Huldreich nodded once, gesturing for Gracie to enter in first. She smiled in simple thanks, joining Sebastian's side. "If I'm correct, then the goblin's name as I remember it was B-"

The old man was cut as something must have caught his peripheral and he turned his head. His mouth opened in a startled cry, but in an instant he was dead. He dropped to the floor and there was a faint hissing noise coming from the end of the corridor where the crypt was. Sebastian handed her the journal and then stood in front of her to block her view of the doorway.

"Well shortcake, it seems we have company." There was a sense of delight in his voice? Was he insane? Sebastian took off the satchel, pulling the sword out before handing the bag off to her. "Do you want to fight now or come back later?"

Her brow furrowed, the word later on the edge of her tongue. However, she placed the satchel over her head and felt the weight of it settle on her hip. Gracie heard a sort of dragging sound from the entry way and tried to peak around Sebastian.

"Don't. It's dragging his body back." He was left handed and so he placed his right hand behind him; on her hip to keep her in place. "Make the decision, shortcake. Now or later?"

"With the wizard dead, his wards would have also been destroyed. Now there's nothing keeping this basilisk from terrorizing the city." Gracie said detached, not exactly liking where this conversation was leading to.

Sebastian chuckled darkly, twirling the blade in his hand. Anticipation swam in his voice as he shifted into a combative stance with two hands on the hilt of the blade.

"Now, it is."

Chapter Fifteen: All Serpents Go to Heaven

There was mostly silence as Gracie tried to think up a plan in her head. However, he wasn't just the irritatingly smug, perverted demon she'd chalked him up to be. Sebastian Sallow under the alias of Azrael was one of the most feared wizards in the Wizarding World. His hands were permanently stained and if the dark magic glowing under the brown of his eyes wasn't enough of an indication; the way he treated this situation was evidence enough of his familiarity with death.

He was calm and collected, his shoulders relaxed, but she could see his stance favored his left leg. Gracie didn't want to interrupt him if he was trying to think of a plan, but she didn't do well with uncertainties.

"What are you going to do?"

"Stab it."

"No, I mean what's your plan?"

"Kill it."

"Sebastian."

An impatient noise escaped him, "Shortcake, you can cry out my name later. I'm trying to focus." Gracie shook her head, exasperated, and he continued, "It's a small corridor. I don't have the space to stab it without it biting me, and if you've forgotten; their bite is fatal. You don't have a spare phoenix on you, do you? Because that's the only way to cure Basilisk venom."