Chapter Seventy Two: What if?

"See anything you like, sugar cube?" He inquired, clearly resisting the urge to laugh by her expression. "I don't think you can order it all and finish it."

"Any extra pastries would be floo snacks." Gracie argued lightly, "Aren't you the one saying that I'm eating for two?"

He backed off, clearly proud of himself yet again. She just smiled at his antics, secretly happy that Sebastian was so thrilled about the pregnancy. She wanted to give this child the life she sought for as a child.

One where this baby would never have to wonder where her next meal would be.

One where this baby would be happy to be alive.

And most importantly, this child would never question if she was loved. Between Sebastian and her, this child would quickly understand she was the most precious person in their lives. After the battle... After Sebastian defeated Ranrock... Then they'd have their fairytale together and live happily ever after.

With Ominis being the grumpy uncle of course.

She couldn't wait for their child to terrorize him too.

Chapter Seventy Two: What If?

Abuela as she introduced herself was excited to give them their meals. She sent a stern look to Gracie after seeing the pile of bakery foods on her tray. Sebastian translated, saying that she was being chastised for not eating a balanced breakfast. The woman didn't find it funny when Gracie said she was balancing her tray just fine.

Instead, the pastries were packaged away for later. Her breakfast consisted of something similar to Sebastian's, but it's what the bastard wanted in the first place. Rice, beans, eggs, and tortillas. There was a side of sliced avocado for her that apparently was fantastic for fertility.

Sebastian to her utter bemusement said she'd be eating an avocado every day for the next twenty years.

"You have a death wish." Gracie reflected calmly, ripping off a piece of her tortilla to scoop up eggs and beans like Abuela taught her to. "One, sure. Two, maybe. Three is the most you're getting out of me."

A cheeky grin revealed the dimple on his cheek, "We have the rest of our lives to negotiate. Where do you want to live after the war is over?"

She took a few minutes to answer, glancing out the window as she thought about it. For all the jokes she made about going to America, it wasn't a place she wanted to go to. For one, now she associated the place with Wampus Cats and Sebastian leaving her. Also, the laws were much more strict there; a witch or wizard wasn't even able to be friends with a Muggle or associate with them.

Gracie enjoyed learning about new Muggle inventions from the source and the different publications. A few of the books Sebastian mentioned in Morocco were all Muggle authors which meant that he wouldn't like being closed off from that world either.

"I like to think that Hogwarts will come back. The Hogwarts we knew." She murmured, "I'd like our child-"

"Children." He corrected impishly.

Her lips twitched, "Children, to have that feeling of getting their acceptance letter. Going to Diagon Alley with us and picking their wands. Do you think they'd be sorted into Slytherin too?"