Never Have I Ever

Tris POV

I wake up at 5:30 and get ready to head to the cafeteria. I remember what Tobias and I did earlier and smile at the thought. He was so sweet with me about it.

I think tonight will be a good night to work on some of the steps we're taking. Well, that I'm taking at least. I put on my shoes and walk to the dining hall.

I'm almost there when someone squeezes my shoulders from behind. I flinch from surprise and spin around to see Uriah grinning.

"Gotcha, didn't I?" he asks.

"Yes! You scared me," I reply, punching him.

"Oh calm down, you baby."

He slings his left arm around my shoulder, and we walk to get dinner. I see our friends at one of the tables. Uriah whispers in my ear as we get close, "Look at Zeke."

I glance over and see him trying to pick his nose without anyone noticing. I bust out laughing, along with Uriah.

Tobias sees us and stares at Uriah's arm around me. I roll my eyes, knowing that I'll have to explain. I sit down next to him, and he raises his eyebrows. Uriah sits across from me.

He starts taking while eating. "Dude, Four you should have seen her, Man. I came up behind her and squeezed her shoulders, and she lost it. She started beating me up!" he rambles on.

I smirk at him. "Oh shut up, Uri. I could've beaten you so much harder than I did."

"Oh yeah," he rolls his eyes. "With those puny girl muscles?"

"Funny how they're bigger than yours," I reply with a hint of a smile.

I can sense Tobias tense up beside me at our playful behavior. I rest my hand on his thigh and tilt my head up to whisper in his ear. "Relax, Baby. We're only friends."

He turns his head to kiss me once. I watch his mouth turn up as I lean back. That did the trick. He rests his hand on my leg and finishes eating.

After our whole table is done, we follow Zeke back to his place for this Never Have I Ever game. I'm still a little confused about how to play but I decide to go with it.

I sit on the floor next to Tobias, letting our arms brush. Zeke asks the circle, "Should we use shots or something else?"

Tobias speaks up. "Wait we're not doing the clap and finger thing?" he asks.

Zeke smirks, "Nah, Man, we're gonna turn the game up a notch. So back to my question?"

"Find something other than shots. I still feel like I have a hangover from last night," Will finally answers.

I silently thank him because I wasn't in the mood to drink tonight. I've never even tasted an alcoholic drink before.

Uriah gets up to go help Zeke find something to use. The rest of our friends start talking to each other and don't pay any attention to Tobias and I.

He takes my left hand with his right and squeezes it once. I turn my attention to him.

"You alright?" he asks.

"Yeah I'm fine." I smile. "Why wouldn't I be?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. Just checking," he smiles at me, making me feel butterflies in my stomach.

"I have the best boyfriend," I smile back, kissing him.

We break the kiss when Uriah sits beside me. "Woah, can I get some of that action?" he asks playfully.

Tobias takes my hand. "No way, she's mine. Don't think about trying, either," he challenges Uriah.

Uriah looks at me with a little bit shock on his face. I shrug and push myself more into Tobias's side. He wraps a protective arm around me. "You heard him," I say to Uriah with a smirk.