Banquet

**I have gotten so used to writing FourTris scenes that writing all of this was so hard until the end! I understand that the first half of this chapter is pretty boring, but it sets up for an important event! 😉 Stay tuned, my readers. Big things ahead.**

Tobias POV

I take a shower after Tris leaves for the faction meeting. She looks beautiful. I know I'm going to have a hard time keeping my hands off of her tonight.

After I'm done, I dry myself off and wrap a towel around my waist. I make sure to shave my face, in order to make a good first impression on the Priors. I'm nervous to meet Tris's parents, but she seems to believe that they will love me.

I remember meeting Natalie during Visiting Day, before Tris and I got together. That seems so long ago now.

There are still two hours until I'm supposed to meet Tris, so I decide to go to the jewelry store and pick out a promise ring. I'm not sure when I want to give it to her yet, but I know it will be soon.

I put on a black sweatshirt and jeans, so I don't have to put my dress clothes on ahead of time. Along the way, I see Shauna.

"Hey, Four," she says with a smile.

"Hey," I answer.

"What are you up to? I thought you had something to do with Tris."

"Yeah, that's in a few hours. Right now I'm going to go look for a promise ring for her." I smile.

"Zeke told me you were going to." She smiles. "That's so sweet of you. Need help?" she offers.

"A girl's opinion would be helpful," I answer gratefully.

We walk to the jewelry store and begin looking in the cases. A woman comes up to me.

"Anything specific that you're looking for?"

"A promise ring for my girlfriend," I answer. "Something simple."

She leads me to a section of rings with small details. My eyes roam the selection until they land on one in particular. It's a plain silver band with a diamond heart.

"Shauna, come look at this one."

She comes over and stands beside me. "Which one?"

I point to it. "The plain band with a heart."

A grin forms on her face as she looks up at me. "You know, I didn't take you for someone who was good at picking out jewelry."

"You like it?" I smile.

"Of course I do. It's very 'Tris'."

I purchase the ring and then head home after thanking Shauna for coming along. Whenever I return to the apartment, I hide the box in one of my drawers.

I want it to be a special occasion when I give it to her. And soon.

I glance at the clock and notice that I should start getting ready. I put on my black dress pants and black button-up. I also tie my black tie and throw on my suit jacket.

Whenever I bought this, Zeke told me that all black was in style. Whatever that means.

It's 5:30. I decide I should probably leave to get there early, like I told Tris. I head to where to the banquet is being held.