Ignore Them

Tobias POV

I see Tris walk towards the kitchen when Uriah lets her in, and I follow them. I notice she remembered to put on extra layers.

I hear Tris say something about me worrying and having to send a search party.

"I almost had to," I say, wrapping my arms around her from behind. She smiles up at me.

"Save the PDA for later," Uriah says with a wink.

I roll my eyes and take Tris's hand, leading her to a couch. Before we get there, Marlene and Shauna stop us.

"Hey, guys! Can we steal Tris for a minute, Four?" Marlene says.

Tris lets go of my hand. "Sure." She turns to me. "Save me a seat, please," she says with a smile.

I go back to the couch and look at who is here. Zeke, Uriah, Marlene, Shauna, Lynn, Will, and a few people I don't know. Christina isn't here.

Zeke sits beside me. "Tris here?"

"Yeah, she's with Marlene and Shauna."

He nods. "How are the two of you?" I'm surprised that question didn't come up earlier when we hung out.

"Great. I'm thinking about getting her a promise ring, actually."

I smile. I have been thinking about it. Tris is the only person I want to be with. I know it's not an engagement ring, but it's basically a promise that I'll replace it someday with one.

"Wow, man. I'm happy for you," he says seriously.

"Thank you. I'm really happy," I answer.

He drinks a beer. "So does that mean she's gotten over the fear?"

I take a drink of my own water. "No, not quite. Almost."

He chuckles. "You must really love her. I wouldn't be able to take it that long."

I shrug. "I do, but that doesn't mean we don't do anything."

I see her with Shauna and Marlene laughing. Part of me can't help but think about whether or not she's wearing something under her clothes for me. But then I realize that she might have to take some of her clothes off, and that's too much of a risk.

"Well that's good. She looks different from initiation."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I look at him.

"I don't know, like stronger I guess. She doesn't look like a child anymore. More filled out, if you know what I mean." He smiles a little at me.

"She was never a child," I say, irritated. "And don't talk about her like that."

I love Zeke, but stuff like that pisses me off.

"Alright, I'm sorry," he answers, putting his hands up.

I just shake my head. Tris is a real person, not just an object that I keep for sexual purposes. I hate when people make comments like that.