A Real Date

Tobias POV

I wake up before Tris and decide to make pancakes. We both slept in because we're off today. I will begin my new job tomorrow, so I crave the moments that I get to spend alone with her.

That's just another reason why I'm excited for tonight. A night with Tris all to myself to do the most unimaginable things sounds amazing.

I'm flipping the pancakes when I hear a soft padding and look to see Tris walking toward me. I noticed she put on one of my big shirts.

She stands beside me, and I pull her into my side and kiss her forehead.

"Morning, Baby."

"Good morning, Handsome." I smile as she reaches up to kiss me on the lips. "Thank you for making breakfast."

"You're welcome." I move the pancakes from the pan to our plates, and we sit down at the table.

Tris moans involuntarily as she takes a bite. I chuckle. I didn't think I was that good of a cook.

"What's the plan for tonight?" she asks.

"Well, I wanted to take you to that nice restaurant near the Pit. I don't know the name of it; I've never been there. Then I figured we would just come back here and hang out. I would've suggested the bar after eating, but I know that you don't like to drink."

She shrugs. "It's up to you. I don't care. What should I wear?"

"Now, I don't think that's a question to ask me. That's what Chris is for. I'll be wearing a dress shirt and tie, though."

"May I suggest the dark red lingerie, however?" I ask. I smile as I watch a blush appear on her cheeks.

"I'll take your opinion into consideration," she teases back.

I smile. " I have to go into work to do some paperwork before I start tomorrow, and I also have to make reservations for tonight."

Tris nods. "Okay. I think I'm going to get a workout in and maybe spar a little with one of the girls." She laughs nervously. "I really need to get back into the routine of doing that. I actually feel like I'm getting out of shape."

I shrug. I haven't noticed any difference in her physically, but I like that she wants to take care of herself. "I can go with you. I mean, unless you would rather me not be there. I don't want it to feel like another Initiation."

"I wouldn't mind if you did it with me," she answers before looking down at her plate. "I just want to get stronger. I still feel scrawny compared to the other girls. Is that possible?"

"Well, of course you can get stronger. The thing is, with your genetics, your body type isn't really going to change. You won't get so-called 'big' in size, but you can definitely build strength. Do you get what I'm trying to say?" I feel like I confused her.

"Yeah, kind of." She shrugs.

"Some women burn fat in the process of creating muscle, so their bodies will change. You don't have much fat to begin with, so you'll just tone up and your muscles will become a little more defined," I explain.

She nods. "Yeah, I want to do that."

I smile, looking down at my plate to cut another piece of pancake.

"Would you like that?" she asks quietly.

"Would I like what?" I ask, not even thinking.

"Me being more, you know, toned." She shakes her head. "And don't just give me the 'you look beautiful, no matter what' talk."