Christina to the Rescue

**First of all, I want to say that I'm so so so sorry! I've been so busy with the beginning of school and volleyball and work that I haven't had the chance to write. Also thank you for over 1000 views!!! I love you all so much, thanks for the support!**

Anyways...on to the story.

Tobias POV

The next morning I wake up to soft whimpers. My eyes immediately open and take a moment to find the source of the crying. They find Tris sitting upright in bed. A nightmare most likely.

"Tris, Baby, what's wrong?" I ask soothingly, my hand on her lower back.

She tries to calm down unsuccessfully. I wait a few minutes for her to quiet down. Then she answers, "Nightmare," like I suspected.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I wish I didn't have to see her so upset.

She shakes her head but then must reconsider. "You didn't want me Tobias."

What does she mean? Of course I want her; I love her.

"Tris," I say, "I don't think I understand. I do want you. All of you," I say, hugging her.

She begins to cry again. "No you don't," she whispers.

I wish she would realize that I love her so much and she shouldn't have any doubts about it, but for some reason that's hard for her to comprehend.

"Tris I love you. I love your spirit and your strong will. I love your personality and I love your body. Please don't be insecure about yourself. I'm not leaving you ever. Promise me you understand."

She nods into my chest. I pull her head up to meet mine and kiss her softly. Her hands feel my chest and stomach, the muscle hardening under her fingers. She pulls back, looks down, and says, "I'll miss you."

I smile and answer, "I'll miss you more."

I let Tris get ready and we head down to get breakfast. I have to leave a little bit afterwards so I have to make the next hour or two count. We walk over to our friends' table where everyone is eating.

I'm not that hungry so I just grab a couple muffins from the center of the table. Tris gets up and says, "I'm getting something from the line." I smile and nod.

When she's out of earshot, I say to Christina, "I need to talk to you."

She raises her eyebrows questioningly. 'Later' I mouth. I get a nod in response.

Breakfast goes by too quickly. When everyone gets up, I tell Tris, "Max wants to talk to me before I leave. I'll meet you back in our room?"

"Yeah sure," she smiles.

I give her a short kiss and then discreetly wave to Christina. We head to the training room and sit down on the hard floor.

"Okay, so what's up?" she asks.

I take a deep breath. "It's about Tris," I say. "I think she's holding back something she's not telling me."

"Not out of the ordinary," she answers. "What do you think it's about?"

I sigh and reply," Her fear."

Something in her eyes spark. "Have you tried anything?" Her eyes narrow.

"No no no," I say hurriedly. "I'm totally fine with waiting until she's ready."

"Then what happened?" she persists.

I launch into my minor embarrassing mini story. "One day a while ago I was tickling her and I guess her shirt rode up. My hand caught her bare stomach and she freaked out. I don't want to do anything because I don't want to scare her away."

She nods, clearly understanding and looks back up at me. "I know about her fear and all but I didn't think it was that bad."

"I feel like she wants to talk to me about it but is too scared. And I definitely am not trying to push her to do anything."

"I get it," she says. "You think Tris is ready to go a little farther and is too embarrassed to say anything. And you can't really bring it up because that'll make her think you want something more."

"Exactly," I reply. "So I need your help. I'm leaving in an hour. Could you talk to her please?"

"Of course," she smiles. "Anything to help my best friend. I also wish she would get over this," she laughs, shaking her head.

"Thanks. Glad I could get that off my chest," I say.

Christina replies, "No problem. Come to me anytime!"

I head back to my apartment where Tris and I hang out until I have to leave. She walks me to the train track where I'll have to leave for Amity.

"It's only a day," I tell her for reassurance. She nods. "I love you," I tell her.

"I love you too Tobias. Be careful."

I lead down, wrap my arm around her waist and kiss her lovingly. I am so lucky to have her.

As I jump on the train and watch her get smaller, I think about what I said to Christina. Things will get better.