Promise

Tobias POV

I smile. "Of course I'll go with you," I say.

She grins and kisses me, clearly excited. "There's going to be so many important faction people we can meet. I can't believe I'm this important."

My smile fades as I realize who will be there.

Tris frowns. "What's wrong?"

I can deal with him; I'll just ignore him. Tris wants to have a nice time with me, and I'll do that with her.

I look at her, shrugging. "My father will be there, but it should be fine."

She bites her lip. "I'm sorry, Tobias. I totally forgot. You don't have to go if you don't want to."

I smile. "Tris, I'll be fine; I can ignore him. I want to spend the time with you."

Tris kisses me. "Okay, thank you." She gets off of me to change into clothes to sleep in.

After taking everything off but her underwear, she walks to my side of the bed. I didn't expect her to want to do something tonight, but I'm willing to.

Instead, she blushes and says, "Can I have your shirt?"

I smile and pull it off in one motion. She throws it on and then climbs in the bed on the other side.

I lean over her on my side. "Did you want to talk about anything else?" I ask.

She thinks for a minute. I rub her waist, waiting for a response.

"Tobias," she says, her cheeks becoming pink. "Do you know what a blowjob is?"

I think back to Tris's conversation with Christina that I overheard. Chris asked Tris if she had given me one yet.

"Yes, I do," I answer. She doesn't meet my eyes; instead she runs her fingers over my bare torso. She's probably waiting for me to say more.

"Do you?" I ask. She just nods. "And what do you think about it?"

"I'm scared to do it. And I'm not ready."

I move my hand up to her face, my thumb running over her cheek. She looks up at me finally, and I search her eyes for an emotion. She looks scared.

"Well, I don't think we're ready for it either. I don't think we are completely past the touching stage yet." Tris nods.

I add softly, "Oral sex can go both ways, too."

"Oral sex?" she asks quietly.

"When you use your mouth. Not actual sex," I clarify.

I can see the wheels turning in her head as she puts the pieces together. I basically told her I could do the same to her. "Tobias, I can't." She shakes her head quickly. "I .. I .. that's-"

I cut her off, "Tris, Baby, hey, it's okay. It's okay." I don't want her to become upset right now.

"I shouldn't have mentioned it," I say softly.

"People do that?" she asks, looking up at me. Her eyes shine with tears I wish I didn't cause.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we have to," I reply.

Tris shakes her head, still denying that she wants to do it. "I will never force you to do something you don't want to."

She closes her eyes briefly. "Don't you think that's gross or something?"