One Step Further

Tris POV

Tobias unlocks the apartment door, still carrying me on his back, and sets me down on the couch in front of the fireplace. "Now what?" he asks.

I blush. "I say we lay down by the fire, cuddle, make out, I don't know. Something like that."

Tobias smiles. "Perfect." He goes to start the fire, while I get us some blankets and change into one of his shirts.

Once I'm done, I lie down on the couch on my back. He turns around to see there's nowhere to sit. "That's okay. I'll just stand."

I smirk at him and stand up. "Okay. Then how do you want to sit?"

Tobias takes my hand and pulls me back down to the couch. He lies on his side against the cushions and pats the spot in front of him.

I set myself back down and lie on my back. Tobias hovers over and watches me. "What is it?"

He realizes he was staring. "You're just so beautiful, Tris." I blush.

I pull his lips down to mine and kiss him passionately. We kiss slowly, as if we are afraid the moment will end too soon. Tobias's left hand finds my waist. I involuntarily let out a soft moan against his lips when his thumb catches a piece of my bare skin.

He lets his mouth drift off of mine and trail down my jaw. I feel his hand move gently under my shirt. "Tobias," I say breathlessly.

"Yes?" he asks, kissing slowly down my neck.

"If you want to try something new, it's okay with me," I tell him.

Tobias pulls back and looks me in the eye. I nod for him to continue, a little anxious. He notices my slight hesitation. "Tris, don't be nervous. If you don't like it, all you have to say is stop."

He smiles and kisses me once before he focuses his attention on my stomach. Tobias pulls his hand out from under my shirt. He uses it to pull my shirt up about six inches, showing my bare skin.

I have a flat stomach because I'm skinny to start and I have been working out, so I'm not really self-conscious about showing it to him. He stares at the exposed skin, letting his hand drift over my abdomen. I watch his concentrated face and smile.

I see his expression change. "Tris.." he starts.

"What is it?" I ask, confused.

"What's this?" he asks, pulling my shirt up a little more on the side to reveal the whole bandage.

"Oh," I blush. "It's just a new tattoo."

Tobias smiles at me. "Can I see it?"

He tries to remove the cover, but I put my hand over his to stop him. I want it to be special when he sees it because it's for him. "Not yet," I tease him.

"Then when?" He absentmindedly draws patterns over my stomach.

"Whenever I let you take my shirt off," I say, slightly embarrassed.

"Don't feel rushed, but I'm hoping that's soon," he answers. He moves his body until his face is next to my stomach. Tobias whispers, "Beautiful," and kisses the skin. I sigh and run my hand through his hair.

His left hand drifts upward and brushes the side of my chest. I feel myself breathing quicker. Tobias comes back up and lays beside me. I pull his lips to mine.

He whispers in my ear, "Your skin is so soft, Baby."

I close my eyes and smile, while he puts his head in my neck to kiss the skin.

"Tobias, can we make a deal?"

He pulls back and smiles. "Of course."

"If I let you take my shirt off, can you not touch me there yet? Just to look I guess. I mean, only if you want to though." I can't stop myself from talking.

Tobias stops me with a kiss. "Yes," he states simply. "But I have to tell you something first."

He looks down at his hand still drawing on my stomach while we talk.

"Okay, then tell me," I reply, tilting his head to look at me.

He smiles and blushes. 'What is he thinking about?' I wonder.

"Tris, you and your body are so so beautiful and looking at it and touching it turns me on so bad. And you know what happens when you turn me on, right?"

I blush hard and nod. He nods too. "I just want you to be prepared, so you aren't scared if you feel something."

I bite my lip and nod. "I didn't know I could make you feel that way," I share.

He laughs. "Tris, you have no idea of the effect you have on me. I have held myself back for too long."

Before I say anything, Tobias connects his mouth with mine. Both of his hands run up my sides, pulling my shirt with them. He gets up to my bra and continues moving until he has to pull back to take it off.

I take a deep breath and put my arms up for him to fully remove the shirt. I close my eyes, waiting to hear his reaction. "Baby.." he whispers, trailing off. "You are so sexy. You have nothing to be embarrassed about."

I open my eyes and look down at myself. My breasts seem a little bigger because of the new black bra I'm wearing. Tobias studies my chest, as if he wants a picture to keep in his brain.

A thought comes to my mind. "If I have my shirt off, you have to take yours off. It's only fair," I smirk.

Tobias chuckles and pulls his off in one swift motion. I admire his body while he admires mine.

He clears his throat and looks away. I don't realize why until I feel something hard against my hip. It's a weird feeling at first, but I know I'll have to get used to it. Either way, I smile because I'm doing this to him.

"You tell me to not be embarrassed, but you're allowed to be?" I take his face and turn it back to me. "Don't be. I like that I'm the one doing it to you."

He smiles, still shy, and kisses me. After a couple minutes, Tobias pulls back slightly. He murmurs against my lips, "I love you and your body so much."

I smile, closing my eyes. "I love you, too."

A half an hour passes, during which we talk and kiss by the fire. I start to feel sleepy.

Tobias notices and carries me to bed, laying me down gently on my side. "Do you want your shirt?"

"No thanks," I smirk, taking his hand and pulling him beside me.

We lie facing each other. Tobias pulls me flush against his body. I think he moans softly when my almost bare chest is pressed against his.

"Goodnight, Tris. I'm proud of you."

I smile to myself, but he sees my reaction. "Thanks," I blush. "Night Tobi."

I relax into his firm chest, letting sleep take me away.