2.

I am a person who believes in fate. I think that everything happens for a reason and every story has already been written, but how can it be predestined for me to witness a murder and then be kidnapped by a murderer and his companions?

Because I think that's exactly what happened.

The last thing I remembered was a gun being held to my head. I can still remember the oppressive feeling in my chest as the cold barrel of the gun pressed against my temple, and I suddenly had to think about completely banal things that I had already forgotten.

My grandfather died unexpectedly when I was nine years old. I remembered falling asleep on his lap when I was little. I was about five years old, and suddenly I could smell the scent of his aftershave again. I could feel the warmth of his chest against my cheek, and for a brief moment, I remembered his laughter again. His laugh always gave me a big smile, no matter how sad I was. I could hear it clearly, as if he had been with me right now.

I thought back to my 6th birthday, when I was given a huge princess cake. I remembered how happy I was, and I can't believe I could forget such a meaningful memory.

I could remember how the sweet cake tasted, the smell of the burning birthday candles, and the colourful streamers on the table. I saw everything clearly, like a film playing right before my eyes. They were beautiful memories. Beautiful memories that made me happy for one last moment.

I don't want to die, but something inside me told me everything would be alright. I thought it would be easier for me to die if I accepted that my time had come, but I realised that my time had not come when I woke up.

I don't know how long I was unconscious, but when I opened my eyes a few minutes ago, I was sitting here on a chair in a small room with bare white walls.

My hands are tied behind the back of the chair with a rope, and I could feel how much my wrists hurt because the knots were way too tight. Silver tape was stuck over my mouth, which didn't make it any easier for me not to panic.

Why has he brought me here?

A thousand questions are running through my head as I search for a way to free myself from the restraints, but the room was completely empty except for the chair I was sitting on.

There were beads of sweat on my forehead, and my heart automatically started beating faster as the handle of the grey metal door opposite me was pushed down.

"Well, look at that." The man with the shoulder-length brown hair and green eyes comes into the room and stands in front of me with his arms crossed. "Our sleeping beauty has finally woken up," he says, looking down at me with amusement.

He was followed by three other men, and the last one had light blonde hair. The blonde goes to the two others who were standing against the wall and looks at me suspiciously.

"How are you, Princess?" The man with green eyes crouches down in front of me. He waited a few seconds, as if he were waiting for an answer. "Oh, I forgot," he points to my mouth with his finger. "You can't speak." He smirks, as if it's all a joke to him.

My heart was beating so hard against my chest that I felt like he could hear my heartbeat. He looked into my eyes for a moment, as if he were trying to read my thoughts. After a few seconds, he turns to the others who stood next to each other and observe the scenario resignedly.

"What do you think? Should I rip the tape off her mouth?" Breathing heavily, I could feel him place his hand on my bare knee.

A shudder ran through my body as I felt his skin on mine. The coldness of his rings on his fingers gave me goosebumps.