27.

Rosalie Gray

"That's not right, Harry." with a queasy feeling in my stomach, I fasten my seatbelt.

"We'll park the car at the side of the road at some point so that it can be found. Don't worry about it." Without looking in my direction, he presses the accelerator and drives off.

"What if the car is reported stolen while we're still in it?" I lean against the side of the car and rest my head in my hand, sighing.

"Then what?"

"Then the police will definitely arrest us for theft." He laughs.

"Then we'll just have to be quicker than the police." he replies with a grin on his lips.

Shaking my head, I look at the many boring highways that pass us by. It hasn't escaped my notice that Harry likes to play with fire, but he also thinks that we're already in hell, and we can't get burned anymore.

I don't care if Harry thinks he has to do illegal things. He can do what he wants, but he shouldn't involve me in it.

I wasn't planning to go to prison because of him.

After a few minutes of silence, I could see out of the corner of my eye how he switches on the radio and the song Be my Baby by the Ronettes fills the car. I immediately turn my head in his direction.

"No, please turn it off." I say, to which he looks at me suspiciously.

"What's the problem? That's a good song." He turned up the radio, which made me press my hands to my ears.

The song had been haunting my nightmares for days, and I had no intention of making my current dreams come true.

"Please, Harry." I whisper, squinting my eyes as I could still hear the muffled sounds of the song.

"Okay, okay." His hand pressed a button to change the channel. The song disappeared and the song Devil town by Cavetown played instead.

„Yeah, right, no one's gonna catch us now
Dad has bought a new car now
We're fine, no one's gonna catch us now"

I look at the radio with pursed lips. I don't know if it was fate that this song came on just then, but it fitted our current situation perfectly.

Maybe there was a God after all who wanted to punish us with a guilty conscience because we stole a car.

Once again, Harry turns the radio up so loud that you could barely hear yourself, but I didn't mind. I've always liked listening to loud music in a car and even now I was enjoying it a little, even if I was forgetting the fact that we'd stolen the car.

„Hold my hand tight, we'll make it another night
I still get a little scared of something new
But I feel a little safer when I'm with you"

Harry bobs his head slightly to the music, which made me smile. I've never seen him do anything so normal before.

Usually I only ever see him smoking, drinking alcohol, taking drugs or making out with other women, but now he just sits behind the wheel, drives a car and nods along to the music.