29.

There was a hint of freshness and vibrancy in the air, accompanied by an earthy undertone, while the green grass was wetted by the cool rain.

We are both still lying on the wet tarmac as if we had always been part of this road.

A dark blanket of cloud stretched over us, drenching us with water as if we were flowers that had yet to bloom.

Harry's chest rises and falls evenly as he lies calmly next to me with his eyes closed. The fabric of his wet shirt clung almost perfectly to his upper body and showed off his muscular chest.

His long wet hair was swept back by the rain so that his face was not surrounded by his brown curls as it usually was.

My gaze wanders from his defined jawline to his rosy, curved lips. The rain beaded on them as if they were lotus flowers and ran from his mouth down to his neck.

His arms and hands lay loosely beside him and his legs were bent. I don't know why, but part of me was fascinated by him. Fascinated by his current charisma, which is the complete opposite of what it was a few days ago.

The Harry from a few days ago would have insulted me and sent me packing if I had asked him to dance with me in a tree house and then lie in the rain on a street.

Why is he still lying next to me in the rain?

Why did he come with me earlier without knowing where I was taking him?

Why did he allow me to hold his hand?

The carousel of thoughts I'm currently on threatens to spin faster and faster as the many questions pour down on me like the rain I'm lying in.

I turn my head away from Harry again and close my eyes. My body tingled pleasantly every time a raindrop hit me and soaked into the fabric of my clothes.

I don't know how long we've been lying here, but just now I had the feeling that time is completely worthless. We live here in the here and now, regardless of what has gone before or what may yet come.

"What the hell are you two doing?" I heard Liam's voice, which made me open my eyes again. Liam, Niall, and Louis were leaning over us, looking at us suspiciously.

"What does it look like" Harry mumbles, his eyes still closed, as if he knew they were standing there.

I sit up straight again and look at Niall, who is coming towards me to help me up. "Rosie, you've got blue lips," he realises as he also gets wetter and wetter with every second that passes.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Harry get up and walk back into the house without saying anything. Liam and Louis followed him and Niall gently pulled me inside by my arm.

"I'll make you some tea. In the meantime, go upstairs and put on something warm, otherwise you'll get sick" I walk up the stairs with a grin.

"Okay, Dad" shaking my head, I run into my room to slip my wet top over my head and then just drop it on the floor.

I wonder what Harry is thinking right now?

Does he have as many questions as I do at the moment?

My mind jumped from thought to thought while I was putting on dry clothes.

Why is Harry suddenly so different to me?

Is he up to something and that's why he's no longer mean to me?

Is that why he's calling me Rosie now, to gain my trust?

But there was one question that really gave me a headache.

Can I trust Harry?

Breathing in and out deeply, I pulled a black jumper over my head. After tying my wet hair into a ponytail and putting on another pair of trousers, I went back downstairs to join the others.