12.

Rosalie Gray

Several loud voices made me open my eyes. My gaze wanders to the clock that was on the bedside table next to me. 2:34 a.m.

"Watch out how you talk to me, you crazy son of a bitch."

I could hear Niall yelling.

What happened since I fell asleep?

"That comes out of your mouth? You insult me, insult Eduardo and tell me to watch how I talk?"

I could recognise Harry's voice through the walls. He was shouting just as loud as Niall.

Are they arguing?

I immediately remembered when Niall told me that a fight usually ends with someone bleeding.

"We're here in my house, so you need to pull yourself together."

"In your house? Through whom could you afford this fucking house?"

I know Niall and the others have a lot of money, but I still didn't know how they got all that money. I didn't know what work they did or what things they had to do to get so much money, but what did Harry mean by "Through whom could you afford this fucking house?" ?

Does it have anything to do with Eduardo?

I've heard this name several times in my time here, but who was he?

"Oh, why don't you just fuck off?"

Niall shouts back again. A few seconds later, there was silence. A thousand questions flash through my mind as I lie still in my bed and hold my breath to hear better. After a few seconds, I could hear someone aggressively storming down the stairs and slamming the front door.

Niall said that they often argue when they drink alcohol, but I didn't think it would really end with such loud shouting and door slamming.

2:41 a.m.

I lay awake in my bed for a few more minutes, waiting to see if anything would happen, but nothing did.

Every time I think I get to know them all a little better and find a few answers, the next questions pop up and give me a headache.

Will I ever find out what they're hiding from me?

It took a while for me to calm down and fall asleep again, but I didn't have a restful night.

Drenched in sweat, I opened my eyes.

8:22 a.m.

I had that strange dream about the broken cars again. Where I fell over the bridge into the cold river.

Breathing in and out deeply, I sat up straight. When I was able to think clearly again, I immediately thought of the argument between Niall and Harry.

I wonder if they've made up in the meantime.

As each day passed, and I got more and more used to them and my new life, I didn't think as much about why I was here, but I quickly remembered that when I woke up in the middle of the night because I could hear Niall and Harry shouting at each other.